Sign in to follow this  
cormjah

Muggers stole my only key and fob

Can any one help me?

Four brave lads mugged me last night and stole my bag which contained my keys and laserline fob.

Now I'm locked out of my rado with spare keys or fob.

Does anyone have any advice as I really need my car atm.

Can I get a new fob to learn from the immobiliser unit?

How about Keys? Do I need to get new locks and keys or can I get keys cut?

Thanks

C

You should be able to get a key cut to match your lock. Once your in get make model and seriel number of the immobiliser ring manufactors or local alarm guy you should be able to get a new fob sorted

new key, isnt a great problem, you can get one made by a locksmith, could be costly though.

Alternativly you can buy an ignition barrel and key from someone breaking a rado and retumble the rest of the locks.

If you have the make and model of your alarm and immob a bit of google searching should tell you if it has the learn/reprogramme feature.

Worst case is to remove it and its simple to do.

Corrado is sadly pretty easy to break into, so its not the end of the world chap.

Still what a bunch of twats, feel for you.

http://www.tech-tronics.co.uk/

they make all the keyfobs for laserline/toad/clifford alarms etc. you need to kno the make and model of the alarm/immobiliser and you might need an old key but dont quote me on that. ring em if your unsure they are a decent bunch!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Been a shite year all round. Lost me Ma to lung cancer, had a prolaped spinal disc and sciatica and then mugged to top it all off.

When I was on the phone to DVLA i said I was thinking of changing me middle name to Jonah! He thought i was serious :cuckoo:

Anyway, I got my keys cut from my old door handles (i have the rear passat handle mod) at GEMSEC up in Hengrove. Took em 10 mins.

Then I called a fella called Donald @ Alarn-a-car he got the unit out but cause it was so old I had to send it back to laserline in warrington.

They turned it round in a couple o days and now i have two new fobs and a re-coded alarm.

Annoying thing is that the alarm keeps arming itself and going off while I'm driving.

Still, I'm nearly there.

Watch this space etc...