Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

so what do we think of this?

Id just stick with a regular quick detailer tbh but even then I only ever use em if i've already washed the car on the same day. You will scratch your paint and leave endless amounts of swirls.

Thinks :lol: of all the rags I'd go through... Only good if your car's in limbo dirt state, otherwise it's the norm couple of buckets full from me.

thought twice about all that and ended up buying some light compounding gunk from the "profesional" range that turtle wax do and to be fair it worked pretty well, i think i got most of the swirls and light scratches out my bonnet finally and now its buffed looks the same colour as my newly sprayed front wings and bumpers! not bad at £9 a pop either although takes a lot of elbow grease to work out once youve applied it and that was even using a da machine!

thought twice about all that and ended up buying some light compounding gunk from the "profesional" range that turtle wax do and to be fair it worked pretty well, i think i got most of the swirls and light scratches out my bonnet finally and now its buffed looks the same colour as my newly sprayed front wings and bumpers! not bad at £9 a pop either although takes a lot of elbow grease to work out once youve applied it and that was even using a da machine!

Get yourself on Elite car care and buy some Menzerna polish, i use Intensive polish followed by final finish with elite's red soft pad... Works great imo, there are of course alternatives but Menz is all ive used so thats what i recommend lol. I follow that with Dodo juice supernatural, great wax imo but i dont really rate the rest of the range...

Some results i've got with the above combo...

My Golf which had a pretty top end respray.... These were all before any wax was applied btw

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

Old valver...

DSC00068.jpg

That last pic Abdul, the paint looks immense! :D

Thanks mate, unlike the golf in the first pics it was waxed which makes a difference plus the lighting was on my side lol.