Sign in to follow this  
VR6 Lee

History of my VR6

Looking to find out some info on my VR6 as I have virtually no history!!

My mate has ran it through the main VW system and nothing is coming back only it was sold from new at Doncaster VW. He did say though that there was most probably history on the car on the system but a recent update by vw headoffice has scrapped some of the old cars off there system..boooo

I would like to find old MOT's so I can find out some history.

Any ideas what I can do???

Your help is much appreciated, cars a Storm model so would like to try and find out what I can

tbh i wouldnt worry about history even with a Storm. Best best is to give it a good service, change all fluids (oil & filter), coolant, fuel filter, transmission fluid, power steering, check all the hoses and replace as necessary. Just for insurance change the fuel pump and ecu relays (167 and 109), check and replace the brake pads as necessary, replace sparks. You can get the mot history using the reg and the VIN code from the VOSA website. HTH.

Just for the record, i just bought a car with FSH, but the oil was blacker than black, plus a whole host of other 'non services'. Its running a lot better now, but only after a good cleanup and a PROPER service :)

It would be nice to get all the old MOT''s so how do if I have no info

You can get up to 2005 via the mot history checker(type into google) but you need info off the V5 doc or MOT doc

It would be nice to get all the old MOT''s so how do if I have no info

You can get up to 2005 via the mot history checker(type into google) but you need info off the V5 doc or MOT doc[/quote:37oixsz8]

well thats shizzle as I don't have any :epicfail:

There's a couple of websites that provide an amount of information on a cars history, mileage at MOT and new owner registrations plus info on any outstanding finance and accident claims.

Have you done one of those checks (normally a few quid) to see what is available?

done the basic check to ensure its not wrote off etc but want a more detailed one

Anyone got any recommendations? :salute:

Looks like you're snookered. The only thing I could suggest is to contact the previous owners and try and garner some service history that way.

I contacted VW earlier in the year and they confirmed all my main dealer service history from new.

Start with the last name and address on the V5. You may drop on and find they now know where the four inch file of service history is !

Failing that, take her for a spin and you'll soon forget about the lack of a few pieces of paper.

TBH full VW service history is absolutely meaningless as I have just found out.

My MK5 GTI has just broken a timing belt destroying most of the engine.

The car has 50k on it and full VW history,and they dont want to know----barstewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last place I would be taking my car is to VW :nono: :nono:

TBH full VW service history is absolutely meaningless as I have just found out.

My MK5 GTI has just broken a timing belt destroying most of the engine.

The car has 50k on it and full VW history,and they dont want to know----barstewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last place I would be taking my car is to VW :nono: :nono:

Rem its 50k or every 4 years whatever comes first the timing belt should be replaced!!

Thats what I stick to anyway!