Sign in to follow this  
Abdul

VR not running right...

Hey guys, my first post here with VR troubles lol.

So i was driving on the A406 a while back cruising at about 50-60 in 5th, then i tried to accelerate and i noticed i had no power, i mean foot planted down and it wont accelerate! So i turned off the music and i noticed it also sounded really rough, more like a Subaru or something. Anyway, i dropped it to 4th and tried accelarating and it was a bit better but terrible none the less. I got to a set of traffic lights and the idle was very and irratic but by time the lights went green it was fine again! Prior to all this for about a month or so the car had been cutting out when coasting after full throttle moments and when coasting on cold start for about 5 minutes.

So i continued my journeys for the week and got about 50-60 miles before this happened again while parking up at home. Now it starts up fine and behaves as usual untill oil temps hit about 50-60 degrees and then it sounds like a muscle car/subaru type thing and shudders quite alot making the whole car vibrate heavily. Exhaust then pops on over run too which it never used to and stinks of fuel, if i let the car warm upto 80ish degrees and give it some i can faintly smell burnt oil too.

My driveway has now got a nice black soot mark where the exhaust has let out alot of what im assuming is unburnt fuel. It has full power btw before it warms up, after warming up, down to half power or less but still manages to bark like a vr. :lol: It doesn't actually stutter or hesitate though, just feels like a 1.6 now.

Right, so i'm planning on changing my spark plugs and checking the coilpack as i have a spare (thanks Neil), the maf's fine as the car completely cuts out if i disconnect it.

Anything else i should check? Sorry for my vague descriptions. I was going to Vagcom the car but i need to buy the obd1 adaptor...

Thanks for reading

Abdul :(

Its definately a misfire you just have to identify what's responsible for it. Prime culprit from experiance is the coilpack so try that first and report back

Its definately a misfire you just have to identify what's responsible for it. Prime culprit from experiance is the coilpack so try that first and report back

Thanks bro, will do...

Does sound exactly what happened to mine Abdul when the coilpack went. so maybe worth a look :?

Does sound exactly what happened to mine Abdul when the coilpack went. so maybe worth a look :?

Cheers fella, going to have a crack at it tommorow morning...

FFS went out a little while ago to have a go at changing the coilpack as i need the car for tommorow and the bloody bonnet release cable has now let go on me too!! One thing after another i tell you... Is there anyway of popping the bonnet now?

Yes ill do a search but feel free to share info here too :lol:

Yeah - coilpack or possibly leads. I had Subaru style sound effects but horse & cart performance when a lead decided to fall apart on my valver last month. New leads and all is well again.

Just a thought.

Seriously though, try here. http://wiki.the-corrado.net/jammed_bonn ... _tips.html

I checked that dude, my cable isn't snapped at the latch, i think its snapped somewhere around the release pins.

Jim, thanks fella, need to 'pop the hood' first lol.

I seem to recall one of the HT's having a small nick in it quite a while ago, shall investigate further... :gag:

Just a thought.

Seriously though, try here. http://wiki.the-corrado.net/jammed_bonn ... _tips.html

I checked that dude, my cable isn't snapped at the latch, i think its snapped somewhere around the release pins.

I seem to recall one of the HT's having a small nick in it quite a while ago, shall investigate further... :gag:

Some more ideas in this theread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66962&start=0&hilit=bonnet+cable+broken

Just a thought.

Some more ideas in this theread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66962&start=0&hilit=bonnet+cable+broken

Thanks chap, going to have a look now.

It has full power btw before it warms up, after warming up, down to half power or less but still manages to bark like a vr. :lol: It doesn't actually stutter or hesitate though, just feels like a 1.6 now.

I'd say it was a dead lambda probe reading that.

It has full power btw before it warms up, after warming up, down to half power or less but still manages to bark like a vr. :lol: It doesn't actually stutter or hesitate though, just feels like a 1.6 now.

Well i can't work on the bonnet right now as its raining quite abit outside. Ill have a go tommorow and change the coilpack if that doesn't work lambda probe is next on my hit list. I might just get it decatted it at the same time.

I might just get it decatted it at the same time.

Ooooh, that sounds painful for some strange reason!!

Why's that? lol...

I just cant be bothered to touch the corrado tbh. It's pissed me off big time. Going to leave it for a while... :bad-words:

Why's that? lol...

I just cant be bothered to touch the corrado tbh. It's pissed me off big time. Going to leave it for a while... :bad-words:

Cat person, Get them from the Cat Protection League who insist on them being "neutered". Have always referred to it as them being de-catted and with the tranpositioning of it to me, well. sounds painful.