Sign in to follow this  
Peebee

HID Conversion Kits

Winters on its way so its time to make a few changes to my Corrado.

Now, im looking at HID kits and just dont know where to go when it comes to choices.

H1

H3

H4 Hi/Lo Beam

H4 Lo Beam

H7

HB3

HB4

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :brickwall:

please came someone help me out here? Whats the difference? and what one do i need?

Cheers,

Paul...

For the standard dipped beam you need H4 Hi/Lo. Thats the bulb fitment.

When it comes to HID's you can choose from colour temperatures as well. Basically the lower the Kelvin rating the more yellow the light, and the higher the rating the bluer the light. Most OEM HID's (Merc, BMW's etc) are 4300k. 4300k also happens to give off the most light hence brighter lights. 6000k is very popular amongst aftermarket HID's fitted.

Be aware though that technically, HID's are illegal unless fitted with headlight washers and unless you use them with prjector headlights (standard Corrado headlights are reflectors) then the beam pattern of the light will be scattered in such a way that it will probably blind oncoming traffic! Whereas a projector headlight will focus the light better.

Hope this helps, if you want brighter lights, I'd advise going for the uprated headlight loom, save yourself some nerves at MOT time!