VR6 Lee

VR6 Lee - Corrado VR6 Storm Mystic Blue Build thread

your car will have a chip inside the key, its a small rectangular chip, this get coded to the factory immobiliser, the car will not run unless its coded to the car.

2 options of key normal blank, and a blank with a light, but both keys will still have chips inside,

Interesting !

Yep transponder imobiliser, as Alex says your key will have a chip in it to which is then read by the coil surrounding the ignition key barrel so each new key needs to be programed to enable it to be read by the coil. Bout £50 from main dealers if i remember right.

To test if it works i was told that sticking your key through the foil tray from a cherry bakewell and then try starting the car makes it unable to read so will not start, never tried it though :lol:

Yep transponder imobiliser, as Alex says your key will have a chip in it to which is then read by the coil surrounding the ignition key barrel so each new key needs to be programed to enable it to be read by the coil. Bout £50 from main dealers if i remember right.

To test if it works i was told that sticking your key through the foil tray from a cherry bakewell and then try starting the car makes it unable to read so will not start, never tried it though :lol:

£45 quid at Timpsons, asked how long it would take to code the new key he said approx 30 seconds.... I might have to get one of these machines for coding!! :D

Ah nice one :grin: yeah good VFM that :roll: like anything else the general public cant do though, we dont have a choice but to pay :?

Jobs today, well 10:00 until 13:00

>Drilled out all screws on top of headlight fixings and replaced the rusty screws with nice shiny Stainless steel screws.

d02385b5.jpg

>Fog light screws replaced with stainless steel screws, again had to drill out all of them as heads came off

>Rust in boot dealt with - used hammerite Kurust, all ready for painting this week if I can find some mystic blue paint.. anyone know where best place to get aerosol is, not sure if halfords will be any good

>> Also struggling to get hold of glove box bulb.. anyone have any links for the one I need, this is the one i pulled out

243d4656.jpg

Ha Ha I'll report back after i've eaten a jam tart !

Dealers for both paint and bulb Lee. :grin:

Cheers Kip, Paint ordered but bulbs can only be ordered in 10's so dealer said, typical!

Gonna re-spray the inside of the boot(where spare wheel is) tomorrow as a bit of rust was beginning to show its face.

Dealers for both paint and bulb Lee. :grin:

Cheers Kip, Paint ordered but bulbs can only be ordered in 10's so dealer said, typical!

Gonna re-spray the inside of the boot(where spare wheel is) tomorrow as a bit of rust was beginning to show its face.

Hi Mate I bet quite a few of us need these bulbs--maybe a group buy?????????

Darren :)

Boot light and glove box light now working.. :clap:

Sprayed where the spare wheel sits(bit of rust poking through so now sprayed in Mystic blue, strange though as it looks more burgundy :o

Big jobs tomorrow when bro comes round(weather pending)

Sprayed where the spare wheel sits(bit of rust poking through so now sprayed in Mystic blue, strange though as it looks more burgundy :o

Haha burgundy not good

Haha burgundy not good[/quote:3vi65bvm]

Will see what it looks like it morning as i was looking at it with artificial light. It says on vw tin mystic blue and same colour code so must be right, still got some of it on my hands and its def mystic blue :o

27th October jobs

As above - sorted rust out in boot and resprayed.. looks great if I do say myself :D

6c44be07.jpg

c75e0038.jpg

Drivers door handle off and re-tumbled lock with spare one that Jon_vr6 had - Can now unlock car from drivers door.. :wink:

As you may know the only way to get in the car was to unlock the car from the passenger door then if your a passenger climb over through the drivers side as passenger door was seized

Took around 2 hours to sort it out but we did it...

pic of my bro looking rather happy!! :lol: :lol:

9d05873b.jpg

New pedal covers fitted -

Rubber gromits fitted to grille - no more wobbling around

Big thanks to my bro for his assistance today even though he went at 17:00 and left me with all the clearing up :nono: :nono:

More jobs tomorrow if parts arrive!!!!

todays cr***y jobs

>front lights all now working inc fog lights and indicators.

6c11ace4.jpg

>Drivers side wing mirror taken off as black part is broken so gonna have to make one good one out of the two i own - This was a nightmare of a job - 2 screws to take out, 1 really easy 2nd one had a head on it but looked like previous owner had already had a go and failed so it looks like it has had a hammer to it.

Mirror came off but there is no way the same sort of screw is going in that hole... bit annoyed but will see what tomorrow brings

>New beesting aerial fitted

>Spoiler mechanism taken apart and lubricated

Todays Jobs(Weekend off now)

Donor wing-mirror taken apart and black bit taken off and put onto my broken one

My broken one

dffad706.jpg

Donor one

b68e0d2f.jpg

The normal messed up screw head(Ended up drilling it out)

6d92186a.jpg

Fitted

Bit of a nightmare to fit as one of the holes was leathered due to some idiot having a go at it, had to re-tap and put a bigger screw in

7ef60a9a.jpg

Number plate light taken out as it was all rusty. Cleaned it up but still a lot more work to do in this area

916b6cbf.jpg

Number plate surround, primed, coloured and laqurered( :D )

81f10397.jpg

Thats all folks for the moment, now wheres the red wine!!!! :norty:

Grrr!!!

When i bought the car the centre console near the handbrake was all hanging off, I have put it back into position but it easily lifts up, how the hell does this fit!!!! :? :?

I niggled about with the handbrake console cover on mine as they are a pain, make sure you have the srew in the behind the ash tray that helps alot as it holds it all together gives it alot more strength, also your plastic piece that clips on first on the 4 plastic nuts on the side of the carpet make sure there tight, also when you decide to test it make sure you dont pull the lower plastic piece up to much :nono: or you are back to sqaure one and have to restrip it to get the lugs to line back up to the plastic nuts! that should help :D

will give a go tomorrow when bro comes round!!!

New front speakers just arrived(JBL) better than the nokia ones and bought for £6.50 on fleabay so bargain!!!

>Drilled out all screws on top of headlight fixings and replaced the rusty screws with nice shiny Stainless steel screws.

Hey mate, how did you drill out the middle ones? They seem quite hard to get to but mine need to be drilled out :confused4:

Hey mate, how did you drill out the middle ones? They seem quite hard to get to but mine need to be drilled out :confused4:

These are the ones that i still need to do, one is loose but the other side screw is knackered so will have a look for a tool this week that hopefully will do it, ill keep you informed.

Todays jobs

>Fitted JBL speakers in front, Sound much better now

765e22f8.jpg

> Still struggling with fitting centre bit near handbrake, plastic around screw hole has been damaged so no way of fixing it down, the annoying thing is though that for some reason my handbrake does not sit in the middle of the gap, see below.

Please remember there is no cover on as well as I have removed all this

Any suggestions????

56d38fb8.jpg

68499f16.jpg

Last but least, bonnet latch clip has now snapped so will have to get complete new unit, not impressed!!! :mad2:

the annoying thing is though that for some reason my handbrake does not sit in the middle of the gap,

Any suggestions????

Over time the hand brake gets pulled towards the driver and ends up off centre. Just bend it back gently as to be central once more.