Sign in to follow this  
mimjed

winter tools?

got caught out this morning by the frost and had to use my bank card as a scraper, doh!

as this forum is full of nice people that eat ham, i was wondering what other people would reccomend - non scratch etc.

any other random bits and bobs people find useful for winter driving too? anti mist spray ect (if such a thing exists?)

i keep a bog roll in the glove box just incase :lol:

sadly we are, havnt got the old london smog out in the green parts of leicester, so we suffer a bit more.

how would a garage help unless i insulated the fook out of it, i do have a garage btw.

Strange. I never had to wipe or scrape my screen through all of last winter, even when I had a foot of snow outside.

a garage would keep the moisture coming out of the air and sitting on the car as there's no fresh air flow around it. still as cold but only a finite amount of damp in the garage air. i think anyway..

Chamois de-mist pad / glove and an ice scraper. Also a cigarette lighter to be kept indoors. That way if your locks freeze up, flambe' your key for a few seconds and insert to reveal a defrosted lock.

PS:Neveruseboilingwateronyourscreen.com

must build garages better where you are :lol:

plus its a right pain in the ass trying to squeeze out the door when you put it in the garage :( doors are pretty fookin big on the old rados. i assume the answer to that is build a bigger garage.

dont know mate, i dont have one either! would build a garage before buying a flat if i had my time again..

Chamois de-mist pad / glove and an ice scraper. Also a cigarette lighter to be kept indoors. That way if your locks freeze up, flambe' your key for a few seconds and insert to reveal a defrosted lock.

yay somebody has eat the correct amount of ham today.

the lighter and key thing is a clever one. i pee'd on the passenger lock of the mk2 to get in it once :lol:

I'll be keeping the flambe trick in mind for the winter! :D

Strange. I never had to wipe or scrape my screen through all of last winter, even when I had a foot of snow outside.

Yup, even poked inside an open barn does a good job of keeping the frost off.

I'd suggest slowly stretching your genitals until you can lay them across the windscreen and melt the ice. Or start the car and leave it running for a few minutes while you use lukewarm (Body temp at most) water to melt the ice.

Scrapers are pennies from Tescos. All main supermarkets now seem to have a small section of products so just get one from there.

If you want to think of a proper winter pack then make sure you have the following a scraper, some de-icer and a nice wooly jumper in the boot.

I stick a little fan heater on the parcel shelf when the forecast is for freezing or snow. Switch it on and leave it running while I have brekkie. Cars clear and roasty toasty when you go to it.

im not going to fall for your poor attempt at grooming, ive been warned about people like you :lol:

must build garages better where you are :lol:

plus its a right pain in the ass trying to squeeze out the door when you put it in the garage :( doors are pretty fookin big on the old rados. i assume the answer to that is build a bigger garage.

True. I must admit that while my wife fell in love with the house because of the garden, I fell in love with it because of the double garage with loft storage space, power, lighting, and remote door :D

True. I must admit that while my wife fell in love with the house because of the garden, I fell in love with it because of the double garage with loft storage space, power, lighting, and remote door :D

Haha, the all to often seen scenario. We're looking for a house with a garage, or rather a garage with a house attached! sorry, off topic :salute:

I sometimes stick a sheet of polythene over the windscreen and shut it in the doors to stop it blowing away if it looks like frost... and I remember. One place where Fords are great, the front heated screen.

Just slightly warm (and I mean just stopped being cold) water poured over the window, as soon as the ice has gone, put the wipers on so it clears the screen and doesnt refreeze if its that cold. Works every time for me and no nasty lengthy scraping.

I sometimes stick a sheet of polythene over the windscreen and shut it in the doors to stop it blowing away if it looks like frost... and I remember. One place where Fords are great, the front heated screen.

Guy a few doors down used to have a mk2 fiesta with a front heated screen...

Our mondeo was brill with the front heated screen, took about 10 seconds to clear with the ac on full heat, heated screen on etc. Was brill, press a button say "demist" and BAM.

*sigh*

I just wish there was something to stop it clouding the inside on a cold morning!