Sign in to follow this  
Bazmcc

MK4 upper strut bearings and bushings?

I sent my mate to get my upper strut bearings and bushings from the dealer and he came back with MK4 bearings and bushings for the front of my corrado?

The dealer said the old Corrado parts had been super seeded by these. I thought this seemed a bit odd as they're a fairly different looking part. I have Gmax shocks and springs in my car but the top spring plate is the same as the standard one as far as I know so there shouldn't be any fitting issues

To cut a long story short, there's no way in hell I can see that these things are going to fit in my car.

Am I missing something? Do I need a different part to adapt them to work with my car?

Any help would be great because I want to get my dodgy suspension sorted asap.

sorry mate i was in vw to find out today for you cause i needed to get two for my raddo today but forgot because i got a bit of a shock.

Has anyone seen the price of front top mounts recently? 68 euros,i thought thats not too bad for two... erhhh thats for one!!!! :shock:

So for two top mounts 138 euro :cuckoo:

anyone know of decent replacements for VAG?i want to buy vag but thats well overpriced for a piece of rubber and small bearing

Are you sure about that? I'll check with my local dealer now to see what the deal is with his prices.

Was that for the normal Corrado ones or did they quote you for MK4 ones? I know for a fact that they don't fit my car so I could do with ones the same as the old ones.

Remember im in germany mate,i pay german prices which are unbelieveably sometimes especially from a VW stealers

the control arm ball joints which i was dreading was only 17.68 euro(per joint) wasnt bad as i thought it would be!

I just found out what the deal was. The VR6 bushings and bearings are listed seperately so that's what the difference is.

Mine are £40 per side I think and the bearing is part of the bushing just like the ones I have now.

Part number for 1994 2.0 16v.

357 412 329

I just found out what the deal was. The VR6 bushings and bearings are listed seperately so that's what the difference is.

Mine are £40 per side I think and the bearing is part of the bushing just like the ones I have now.

Part number for 1994 2.0 16v.

357 412 329

yep, that's the early(er) passat style top mount, on cars up to and including 1994.

I'll get slated for this, but I've had 10 quid GSF jobbies (with hard eibach springs sat under them) on for at least 7 years on my valver and they have been fine.

I'll get slated for this, but I've had 10 quid GSF jobbies (with hard eibach springs sat under them) on for at least 7 years on my valver and they have been fine.

So do you reckon GSF g60 ones would be 'ok' on standard coils and struts dave?

well I just bought another pair from AVS for my 8v (FEBI I think) and I can't for the life of me see why the FEBI ones are inferior to the genuine VW ones I took out

I can't vouch for everyone, but I've not had to replace my valver ones yet and they've done 60K on very hard springs and dampers, I don't drive on really bad roads though and avoid potholes at all times :)