Sign in to follow this  
warren

BRAKE PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!!

hi all, just had my alloys refurbed and now,after re-fitting them seem to have a problem with the brakes??

it seems the abs pump kicks in all the time at all speeds,i feel like a vibration through pedal and occasionaly a buzzing sound from near side front wheel :confused4: the brake pedal sometimes feels hard too? but not always.

hope i have made sense?

any advice appreciated :salute:

Does your ABS light come on at the same time i would say you have a sensor that either needs cleaning up or replacing, VAG-COM is the only way to find out for sure. Also might be worth making sure that all the sensors are connected fully as maybe one has been knocked as the wheels have been removed or replaced

Does your ABS light come on at the same time i would say you have a sensor that either needs cleaning up or replacing, VAG-COM is the only way to find out for sure. Also might be worth making sure that all the sensors are connected fully as maybe one has been knocked as the wheels have been removed or replaced

no, the abs light doesnt come on, only when you put ignition on as normal.

Does sound like an abs problem mate, had the symptoms you describe with the buzzing and hard brake pedal, turned out to be a couple of sensors had gone AWOL. Cant remember now whether the abs light came on when the buzzing started or not.

Does sound like an abs problem mate, had the symptoms you describe with the buzzing and hard brake pedal, turned out to be a couple of sensors had gone AWOL. Cant remember now whether the abs light came on when the buzzing started or not.

it just seems a little odd that its only started,since re-fitting the wheels!,everything was fine before i put wheels back on,is there anything i may have knocked while fitting them back on?

Thats what i said above fella check the abs sensors they are on every wheel start with the front ones they have a connector block plugged into them

Thats what i said above fella check the abs sensors they are on every wheel start with the front ones they have a connector block plugged into them

:lol: oh sorry mate!!! yeah sure, i will certainly check them tomorrow, cheers bud.

Have a good look at your wheel bolts and the seats!!!

I think the front bolts may be touching the cages - maybe the wrong bolts or the refurb place has re-cut the holes or refaced the wheels and changed the offset slightly...

I think the front bolts may be touching the cages - maybe the wrong bolts or the refurb place has re-cut the holes or refaced the wheels and changed the offset slightly...

actually,thinking about it, the wheel nuts were a bit of a nightmare to put back on when trying to line the wheels up to the holes, :?

Good call

just been reading some old threads relating to my brake problem,i read that water can leak from corner of windscreen,and get into the abs ecu? my windscreen doesnt leak,but have had engine pressure washed recently,would this cause any of the problems im having?? if so what would be my next steps to getting this sorted :brickwall:

I've just had a similar problem. Looks like its the ABS pump, have a friend in the garage trade who put the diagnostic thingy on. About £500 new but there's a few people on ebay breaking 'rado's and they seem to be going for around 60 quid plus P&P

I've just had a similar problem. Looks like its the ABS pump, have a friend in the garage trade who put the diagnostic thingy on. About £500 new but there's a few people on ebay breaking 'rado's and they seem to be going for around 60 quid plus P&P

mines all sorted now mate, bent the abs rings back into shape,and a couple of new abs sensors, as good as new now :D