Sign in to follow this  
i que

slippy corrado

Hi folks had a bit of a nightmare last nite .my vr6 180d on a roundabout l wasnt booting it at all bout 15mph next thing back end looses it and steps out. I am intenting to change all tyres for decent winter ones but there is plenty life in them :scratch:so im going to get things checked the cars just been bought 2months ago its not slammed but is on fk coillies ,there was also a passenger in the back. The tyres r a rubbish make BUT WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE its anoying the life out of me oil maybe but at 10-15mph it was also quite wet so theres sum factors there i suppose ,aside the car prev held on like glue but after my come dancin moment i aint drove it .any ideas people wot parts to check cheers.

if you have hard summer tyres (or cheap crap budget tyres) on then it will deffo do that. You should be able to get some wet weather or winter tyres for around £120 fitted. That'll make a big difference. I need to do the same too :wave:

Had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I`ve tried pushing on the same roundabout since in wet weather conditions and she held on fine. Might have been a small amount of diesal on the road.

I'd say for such a low speed spin it would have been diesel on the road.

Not helped by a wet surface and ningnang nogrip tires ;)

Just took it out there, same sort of conditions and is solid prob diesel on road .defo changin the wack tyres tho cheers for the input folks :salute:

im same i do find corrado back end slips out pretty easy compared with mk2 golfs ....makes for fun driving....but only really happens in the wet as when bone dry i do find them far better handling compared with mk2's

Poundstretcher tyres one at 20psi+rear passenger+slippy wet roundabout-next 2 a petrol station=lucky b****** :pale:

im same i do find corrado back end slips out pretty easy compared with mk2 golfs ....makes for fun driving....but only really happens in the wet as when bone dry i do find them far better handling compared with mk2's

It shouldn't do - if you're used to Mk2's then it should feel very much the same only better in every area, more predictable, more chuckable, more aerodynamic at higher speeds...

Once you've got 4 decent tyres, look at rear axel bushes and dampers.

well its not just corrados that do this - drove to france for the weekend, chucking it down so i was driving a bit more carefully, quite a sharp turn on a sliproad off teh motorway which i took quite slowly and yep teh back end skipped out. Wife hated it, kids loved it, i was a bit worried as we almost went into the barrier, but fortunately speed was lowish and i gave the throttle a quick stab to get it under control . Plus there were no cars immediately behind us otherwise it could have been messy...

Just rememebred that the MOT garage had put some crap budget tyres on when the missus took it there. Obviosuly thought they would make a fool of her with shoody tyres. Anyway, these will be changed for proper ones, although it could have just been some oil or diesel on the raod as it was slipping on teh next few roundabouts too. Plus with the completely crap french roadsigns, streetlighting and manic driving it didnt really help. This was a Corolla btw.