Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

Figure this 1 out...

Right kiddies,figure this bugger of a problem out...

Right,all of a sudden,on the rare occasions i take my cursed corrado out for a spin,the fuel gauge started to signal only 35 litres on the instrument gauge,even knowing that i'd brimmed the tank.

So i remove the pump and check the float and reostat thing thinking that somehow it's got damaged.After being quoted 380euro for the whole thing new i said bollox to that and nicked a spare pump off a mate.

Here's the weridest thing,if i move the float arm outside the fuel tank along it's scale the gauge works perfectly but as soon as i re-fit the arm onto the pump housing and re insert the lot back into the tank,voilà, the fekker only reads 35l.

I've tried swapping both senders over,nowt,they both work fine OUTSIDE the fuel tank,fit them back inside and they only show 35l on the car's gauge,no matter were i move the float arm in the tank,submersed with fuel.

I've know that there's a full tank cos i can see the fuel through the fuel pump hole on top of the tank and the float arm is were it should be,at the top.

I'm bloodywell stumped,wtf is going on with my bloody car,i'm tempted to drop a match in there...

Anyone ever had this??.

Could potentially be a dodgy wiring connection somewhere, have you tried wiggling all the connections to the fuel sender and see if the gauge starts working. Might give you a clue as to where the problem is.

Right,i ripped the lot out and changed the wiring and now it seems to work,BUT the needle STILL doesn't reach 70L,a few mm's below.

I've already changed the inst.cluster and it's the same so bollx to it,it stays as it is..