Sign in to follow this  
i que

cuts out randomly ,restarts no probs

Probably not, if its the ISV or a relay it definately will not.

Thanx for the help mate, will get on it asap[/quote:1lydjbj6]

Update the thread on how you get on with the new relays. Need to get to the bottom of this issue myself.

Probably not, if its the ISV or a relay it definately will not.

Thanx for the help mate, will get on it asap[/quote:3ep8ot4c]

Update the thread on how you get on with the new relays. Need to get to the bottom of this issue myself.[/quote:3ep8ot4c]

Ditto :)

Thanx for the help mate, will get on it asap

Update the thread on how you get on with the new relays. Need to get to the bottom of this issue myself.

Ditto :)[/quote:3syvoxxs]

the key areas to consider are just those mentioned (109 & 167 replays, ISV sluggish, MAF not functioning properly), with the addition of the crank sensor (pricey), ignition switch, cheap but awkward to change, fuel filter (worth changing just for peace if mind, 1 hour job) and fuel pump. If not those then you have to look at wiring breaks, ecu and other not-so-pleasant items :( I doubt it would be anything beyond these tbh.

Well i'll will be paying attention to the ISV, Relays and MAF. But could a faulty ig switch cause running issues, starting issues sure, but running issues? Mines been changed and fires up first time everytime so im ruling that out. Fuel filter has been changed since owning car, but again no starting issues etc again fuel pump, although its not been changed since i owned the car there's no lack of fueling when revving the car.

Ive got this the issue too. Seemed to have dissappeared during the summer but is back now.

Will keep an eye on this thread.

ignition switch?come to think of it the car never starts first time from cold takes two turns always.ignition switch on the way out maybe,would this make it cut out tho on the move ,also the car locks up when it dies :

got ecu relay no joy relay no 109 if anyones interested,fuel pump relay tmrw an lupo kit -128 quid from the steelers nearly had heart attack now hav no hot air think its the pump thats gone :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: will up date tmrw folks

fuel pump relay didnt work either so must b maf,leads,coilpak,or isv but the car had a new one last year.realy need someone with vag com up here.