Marshall936

Marshall's Valver

Hi guys thought i would stick a couple of pics up of the 1.8 16v before i start working on her over the winter.

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

Got some big plans and hopefully have her looking good for next years shows. :)

Edited by Marshall936

Cheers mate,

going to get a industrial unit soon so i can start work on her, got lots of smoothing on the bodywork to do and i want to replace alot of the engine parts to make it reliable as its going to become my daily when its done (hopefully)

I've managed to get a 16v inlet manifold from a mk2 golf which i'm going to have polished so theres alot of work to be done, can't wait to get started :)

HI , i have a corrado 1992 2.0l 16v Ke motronic, with 50mm inlet manifold, do you plan to open/ported it, has this been performed before ...........

I'm not quite sure on my plans for the engine yet, its my first Corrado so i'm still learning about it to be honest. Going to start work on it next week hopefully!!

Well due to the bad weather and not getting a unit sorted i think its going to take me a while to get anything done, taken the door handles off ready for repair and gave her a clean in the subzero temperature needed to be done as it had been sitting for a while on the previous owners drive, hopefully when the snow f :censored: ks off i can get the front bumper and slam panel off and get some more important work done.

Did a little bit today when i got a few minutes. Debadged the rear and removed the number plate surround which i'm thinking of replacing with a metal plate, having one made up to see what it'll look like. Going to remove the ariel on top and smooth it over when i can work out how to remove the headliner underneath temporarily. Got a new toy as well for when i sand the bodywork down :)

A few updates, removed the ariel and secured a metal plate the other side ready for filling, same done with the rear badge.

Also got my rear number plate recess replacement at last, propped it up against it for a quick pic ;) needs banding to shape and then bolting on ( got countersunk bolts so there won't be anything poking out ) Will get the metal sprayed up when the rest is sprayed!

Also took a couple of random pics as i have a new phone :p

More to come.

Ok so pretty much finished the smoothing now, made the most of the hot weather today and removed the rear wiper, finished smoothing the rear badges and fitted the new metal number plate recess, need to modify it slightly as its not quite sitting how i want it yet. Also primered up some of the panels i have been working on to stop it rusting for now. Other than there being lots of primer i've got to say i'm liking the smoothness!

Next job is to get the front bumper off and fit the vents & replace the indicator lenses when i get some new ones. Oh and the spoiler has died so i'm going to replace the motor :)

Did some more work making most of the scorching day last week, removed the old rear shocks and springs and replaced with some newer ones! Turned out one of the rear springs was snapped clean through!! Anyway its sitting perfectly now!

Funny you should say that as i literally just did a chop of what i'm after :D

PreviewChop.jpg

Thinking some ats cups but if i don't manage to get any i still want something with a nice polished lip.

Haha funny you should say that asweal look thru my thread search .... Redborbets progress thread itl b the top one the wheels iv just refurbed could be for sale soon

Do like the ats cups tho very retro

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

By the way you just giving the body work a bash or u a pro ??

Would that be the keskins? They're pretty sweet rims how much would you be after?

Well i've always attempted things on the cars i've owned and i'm starting to get pretty handy at filling and smoothing so i do the small jobs that need doing :D going to get the respray done professionally though as i know someone local.

Yea kt1s bud not sure yet tho got to get my car right on the new rims yet before i sell up but 350 to 400 all with good tread and same here do it all my self its just a learning curve i spose spent all day removing and reffitting the exhaust lol

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

I rekon a few bits of tinting lights and what not ond the red will really stand out always love stealthy rados

Ah cool, well drop me a pm when you're ready to sell because i may have them off you if i have the cash at the time. Yeh its more satisfying doing it yourself, takes a bit longer sometimes though lol. Yeah i'm going for the smooth look, got some E30 vents to replace the fogs on the front and i'm getting some pressed metal number plates to finish it off. Want it as my daily driver so i'm going to get a full service on it and replace a few parts like the cambelt and fuel filter etc to get it running sweet. :D

Sound good mate have you got rid of the roof strips and i will do mate il try get some pic up with them on the car for ya

Id do plugs leads dizzy and rotor arm and a good oil change on a 16v should work a treat

Cheers for the advice, i'll try and make sure all of them are done, had a new dizzy last month :D Didn't think about the roof strips are there any holes underneath them?

No probs my valver was running crap think its been tje harsh winter tho changed the above and had a play with the degrese on the dizzy to adjust the timing and its pretty sorted now and no dont think so they just pull out and wats left is the roof channel

Awesome its running pretty rich atm and i've been told its the timing thats out? Cool well thats the next thing to go then :D

Update: Took the front bumper off to change the splitter and remove the fogs (later worked out i didnt need to remove the bumper after all...) Anyway its now starting to look pretty decent! got a smaller splitter for more clearance, put the eyebrow on and my new 16v badge. As far as bodywork goes thats pretty much it. Just need to get the engine all tip top next. :D

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

And a pic of my mates lupo :)

IMAG0081.jpg

good work there, timing would give rough running/ high temps, rich running would be the injection side of things.

Ahh yes apparenty the injectors on ladt about 75000 until they start to go thats acording to dg auto tech when i spoke to them before getting my car done

Also could it be running rich due to a knakerd lambda sensor or cold temp sensor ???

yeh injectors are best replaced when getting old. there's no lambda on the 1.8's, only a warm up regulator which leans of the fuel supply as engine temps rise. the cold temp sender can cause rich running if its leaking.

Hmm i wonder if i should change my blue temp sensor on my 2.0 ltr iv done the injectors bit im still running rich .... Well it likes a drink thats for sure

Vents are looking good mate did they come straight og a bm and on to the corrado ???