Marshall936

Marshall's Valver

Think i may invest in some new injectors then as its 200k mileage :) i had to cut the back off the vents mate, slotted in preety well though, going to glue them in place tomorrow :)

Brilliant, i'll start saving :D

Update: Got some new indicators to replace my mouldy old ones haha, massive difference for such a small part! Also got a very very good condition carpet yesterday and finally fitted it, sorting out the centre console rattle at the same time :) Pics below of how bad it was before to how nice it is after. Next on the to do list is to get some upholstery cleaner on the seats and get them back in, and then i need to get hold of a space saver and a parcel shelf.

Pics:

BEFORE

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

AFTER:

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

More sunny weather today so interior fully refitted after a good clean down of the shell, looks a million times better! Also fitted a stereo and worked out which speakers i need to replace so thats next on the shopping list! Painted the vents matt black for now untill i get my respray (below)

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Also started to smooth over where i had removed the rear wiper, Going to blend it to make it more subtle.

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

More bodywork, finished the rear wiper and i decided i was sick of the primer so i bought some tornado red and started priming and spraying the sections i've been working on. (going to get a full respray eventually just want it to look half decent till then) Also buffed up the spoiler which took the fade away! when all the bits of the car are sprayed and blended i'm going to give the car a good clean and polish and see how nice it comes up :D

IMAG0124.jpg

looking good mate good to see some home spray jobs makes me wanna crack on and get mine done anything has got to be better than the wicked stone chip i have at the mo lol

heads up asweal mate im not sure if the mods will like this but im gonna put the wheels up for sale this week as im brasik iv got two sets the keskins and the wolfrace both on my progress thread

cars lookin sweet anyway mate keep up the good work ill keep my eye on it

how much was the vents then bud did u pay a lot

Thanks buddy, i couldn't stand the primer any more so just went for it with the tornado red! I'm actually quite impressed with how its come out for a rattle can :D Cheers for the heads up about the wheels i'll check the funds and see if its possible, if not i think i may just get some g60's while i sort the engine bay out. The vents were BMW e30 vents £5 from fleebay ;) think i may have them done in red when the respray gets done!

Update:

Very happy with the rear end now esp with the custom number plate plastic replacement! sits perfectly now and fits in now its body colour. Finished tinting the rear lights red too (pics below) Also got myself some pressed metal plates to finish it off.

Next on the list is to get the engine bay sorted, mainly just to replace some minor parts to create some reliability for when it becomes my daily.

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

And a little peak into the future maybe...Smooth bumper, hidden exhaust:

SmoothBumperChop.jpg

Finally got started on the engine bay today after work, first port of call was to swap over the old cam cover for the tasty new one i got hold of yesterday :D So had to remove the inlet manifold (which will be polished before refitting) to get at it. Going to clean behind the engine while the manifold is off. Had a look at the cams while the cover was off but as i don't really know anything about engines maybe someone on here will say if they're not looking healthy...pics below :) Anyway the next job is to replace the roter arm, ht leads, polish the manifolds, removed the rest of the soundproofing from the bonnet, do an oil change, replace the spark plugs, sort a g60 front break conversion and get some g60 steels.

good progress Steve, just look for obvious signs of scoring and pits marks on the cams and tappets, there's other stuff you can check if you have a set of feeler guages, or if you can get a lend of a dial guage.

Thanks mate, can't see anything out of the ordinary so think i'm in luck :D

Had a sneak peak behind the engine while the inlet manifold was off and i spotted a grotty looking exhaust manifold! But not only grotty, it has a crack in it...great!! Got straight fleebay and was lucky to find a stainless magnex 4 branch manifold for a decent price, just picked it up but a bit wary on whether to fit it myself or not? Next job is to remove the lower inlet manifold and enquire about some powder coating ;)

IMAG0184.jpg

4 branches can be a pain to fit, mine was but it was a TSR 4-2-1, yours looks like a 4-1 and looks shorter so may be easier to thread past the bulkhead.

give it a go yourself sure, make sure you have correct connector plates etc beforehand tho!

Thanks mate, had a look and think I'll leave that one for the garage when i take it in for a compression test. To be honest I want to see what its like on the drive to the garage as opposed to when its fitted :) (cars off the road atm so cant try it out!)

Update: bought an allen socket set so i could remove the lower inlet manifold but one of the injectors was stubborn leading me to make an absolute cock up and snap one of the injector housings off :(

On a better note i've investigated getting my engine parts sprayed at the finishing section on the RAF base where i work and they've told me to take the parts in for a quote! I'm thinking a red cam cover with black inlet manifolds?? then some new black HT leads and i may even get the fuel lines done in black or red?

Sorted the broken injector housing and dropped my parts off for spraying, they're sand blasting them, and then spraying them with aircraft spec paint for a very decent price! Just need to order some new gaskets for the manifold when they're done :)

IMAG0205.jpg

Got my parts back from the sprayshop and i've got to say i'm loving how they've turned out! much better than i thought they would be!!

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

Just need to order some new gaskets, get some gasket sealant and then i can re-fit all the parts and fire the engine up!! :D

My new gaskets turned up so i cracked on and got the engine back together...started her up and thank god i'd managed to fit everything back where it should be! Can't believe the difference a few painted engine parts do to the look of it!

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

Hard at work :p

IMAG0244.jpg

Next is a set of half decent wheels, managed to get some zr wheels with tyres cheap that look a bit like bbs alloys so going to clean them up and get them on.

Thanks man, they're not on the car yet as i ran into a problem...mainly that they don't fit!!! the tyre hits the suspension 'bottom plate' but i think its just because of the huuuge tyres! so i'm going to invest in some low profiles which i think will solve the problem :D anyway heres the progress on the wheels, i'm very happy with them but the fact that i'm going to be able to see the calipers through them means i now need to get the calipers powder coated!!

AFTER SOME SANDBLASTING

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

PRIMERED

IMAG0265.jpg

BLACK GLOSS-ED

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

Hopefully get some low pro's this week and then get the wheels on!!

I think your right about the tyres mate there the wrong profile for a corrado. Wheels look ace mate

Thanks mate yeh got 1 low profile tyre sorted today just to test and it fit perfectly except for getting stuck but thats a whole other thread lol, got some better pics of what it will look like with the new rims on though :D

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

Took me a while to get all 4 wheels sorted as i had to wait for 25mm spacers to be delivered for the rear wheels ;) Really happy with how its looking now though! not sure whether to space the fronts out a bit or not though ?? Also sorted myself out a mk3 golf glass sunroof! pics below, next on the to do list is to get a parcel shelf, get the new exhaust manifold fitted, get some braided break hoses and bleed the breaks and then as soon as the runaround is sold i can tax and insure the C!

NEW SUNROOF

IMAG0372.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg

SPACERS

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

MUCH BETTER LOOKING

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0350-1.jpg

NEARLY THERE (JUST NEED RESPRAY AS SOON AS THE PENNIES HAVE BUILT UP)

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

Feedback welcome!