Sign in to follow this  
vw domo

VAG oil pressure senders

I went to order some new oil pressure senders from vw today and they couldn't find the part numbers on there system for the blue or yellow senders, instead came up with a clear/white for the high pressure and i think it was black for the low pressure sender, both with a slightly different part number.

for the low pressure sender the limits where higher than 0.3 bar as well so im wondering if this is right?

do they not sell the VAG blue and yellow senders anymore?

Blue and yellow sensors are the water temperature ones aren't they?

i hope not, because one of them has an oil leak lol

the senders on top of the oil filter housing im on about.

The specific value isn't that important and the parts have changed over the years anyway, you just need one around 0.3 and one around 1.8 bar I think, it's only for the warning when pressure drops off really badly from the pump so as long as the bar rating is within 10% or so it should be fine.

They should be able to tell you if the part no. you have on the part in your hand is obseleted though :scratch:

The specific value isn't that important and the parts have changed over the years anyway, you just need one around 0.3 and one around 1.8 bar I think, it's only for the warning when pressure drops off really badly from the pump so as long as the bar rating is within 10% or so it should be fine.

They should be able to tell you if the part no. you have on the part in your hand is obseleted though :scratch:

thanks davidwort, there was no part number on the old ones, just a pressure rating. must be aftermarket :scratch:

i think when he searched the system it came up with the newer ones, which i questioned.

fitted the new senders today and i get the oil light flashing so there defo not right, think the low presure sender is rated 0.75 - 1.25 which is nowhere neer what it should be. :?

vw will probably make a big fuss about returns as well.

From ETKA.

White and Black are definitely the wrong combo, I'm sure I got a blue one for the VR recently enough.

thanks toad,

just had a look and the low pressure one is 068 919 081 c 0.75 - 1.05 and this was the one he was directed to on the system when i asked for the blue sender.

the high pressure one is the 056 919 083 1.6 - 2 that you have on your list there. not sure if thats even right as the one on there at the moment has no details on it.