sengelow

Peter's VR6...engine bay started, need help with new plug leads

Hi Kip, I have no intention at the moment of not sticking with 15" wheels, I love the handling as it is, especially after lowering it. That is my problem with getting different alloys, no one seems to make any 15" alloys that will fit the Corrado these days.

I have to say though, I'm not a big fan of the speedlines and will hopefully find a good replacement that's more to my taste I will however be keeping the speedlines and having them available to a new owner of the car if and when I part with it.

Junior.... I bought the coilovers (Tuning Art) from Ebay for £165, It's a company in germany and the service I got from them was prompt and efficient. They were fitted with no problem at all. They are presently advertising a different make for £199 but they may be able to get the Tuning Art coilovers if you ask.

http://motors-parts.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=corrado+coilovers&_sacat=131090&_dmpt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&_ssn=mandystrendys-shop&_odkw=&_osacat=131090&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Cheers Pete, £199 for a set of coilovers is darned cheap, are they OK? I would like to lower mine a little but baulk at the €1250 we have to pay over here for Konis adn Bilsteins, even Weitecs come in at over a grand. I am tempted as i dont need race track sharp handling but the 'buy cheap, buy twice' adage is ringing in my head. Would be interested to hear how you have found these, thanks, and enjoy a great car in a winning colour!!

The handling is just fine, I did it more for looks than handling but I have to say it has improved. It wasn't lowered by much, I think it was around 25 - 30mm. I just told my local mechanic how I wanted it to look and he did the rest. He was spot on first time fitted with no further adjustments needed.

A little harder obviously but not bone shaking and handles like a go cart :)

Lovely car mate - and what a colour eh?!! I see your looking for BBS type alloys in 15's. Check out BK Racing website.

http://www.bkracing.co.uk/_shop/product_info.php?cPath=27_107&products_id=158

These look very BBS like i reckon. And for a sh!t load cheaper!

On the coilover front, I got V-Maxx one's at over £300 and to be honest, I doubt my ride quality is any better then yours.

Wish I'd gone cheaper TBH, doubt there's any real diff, until you go mega bunks to KW's etc. Just my opinion though!

Summers here and I haven't done much with the Corrado since the Elsecar meet, the SL has come out of hibernation so I've been enjoying some open top cruising.

I have decided to start changing a few things as this will never really make it to show standard.

The first thing was changing the dials to get a bit of colour into what I consider a boring dash.

So, out with the old and in with some nice new dials. I really think they look good.

dials.jpg

I also changed the lighting from green to red. I've always prefered this since the BMW inroduced it. Unfortunately the photo's I've tried to take don't show the true colour. I still can't believe how easy it is to do though.

New alloys were put on for Elsecar, I decided to stay with 15" wheels which meant I had a choice of ...errrrrm 1. Good job I actually liked them :)

alloys.jpg

Next thing on the list to do is tidy up the engine bay so I can actually raise the bonnet at meetings without being embarrased.

After having talked to Kip at elsecar I'm sure he'l be shaking his head in despair at whats been done lol.

Started cleaning up the engine bay. First job was to restore all the plastic bits on the top of the engine and it's all starting to look goode.. The existing plug leads spoil it now so I need some new ones before I fit all the plastic back on. Red is my preference and I found these online,

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=10796

Has anyone had experience with them ? Or can recommend a supplier of reds in the standard size.

I got quoted £134 at VW for a normal set !

Dubpowers red leads are cheaper but they're 10mm and I don't think they will fit the channels in the plastics. I was under the impression that 8mm was the largest that would fit.