Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Hi all, and quick question

Hi there, currently Ive got a modified Ford Mondeo (see siggy for pics), but a situation has arose where by I may be able to get me a Corrado. Ive always wanted one but now the time is right, I'm not sure which to get. Should I go for a G60 or VR6? What are the Pros and Cons for each?

I'm sure this has been asked a gazillion times b4, but I couldnt find anything on search.

Thanks in advance guys. :thumb right:

There are a few threads on this subject already around but it always comes down to these factors

The G60 is more tuneable than the VR6, however tuning the G60 much past standard VR6 power gets expensive.

The VR6 is newer than the G60s so you should really look at what you can afford rather than g60/vr6 unless its for a toy

most say the G60 handles slightly better due to the lighter engine , but i haven't driven the VR6 so i cant comment.

Yeah it's been asked a gazillion times before but it's always a laugh discussing it anyway :lol:

VR if you want smoothness and refinment

G60 if you want a play :lol:

Both can be made to satisfy what ever demands you may have.

LOL, like the pic with the car driving along less a driver :mrgreen:

OK, so Im leaning 2wards G60. What sort of things do I need to look out for?

Also, how easy are they to tune? I mean, what sort of things can you do, for what sort of price? Cheers. :)

With regards to things you want to look out for, have a look at the forums own Corrado Buying Guide.

The G60 is quite tuneable, as most forced induction cars are. You can have the supercharger rebuilt and have the internals reworked to make it flow a bit better, you can rechip the car, upgrade the pulley system, fit a bigger intercooler (from a Golf G60 or Rallye), sports exhaust system, cat bypass pipe for pre-1992 cars - so basically there is a lot you can do :)

I've got a pretty hefty selection of mods on my car and I think its taken the power to around the 200BHP mark, over the standard G60 figure of 160BHP.