Sign in to follow this  
mimjed

started torque steering badly???

really have no idea why this is, used to only just give a little twitch to the left when i shoed it.

now it fully goes for it to the left, have to wrestle with the wheel now. mechanically i have changed bugger all since the change happened, only front pads :shrug:

just cant twig what would make it start doing it more?

the golf g60 i had was terrible for it, but had a fair few more ponies than this one.

any ideas?

wishbone bushes shot?

hopefully not, i put new complete new wishbones, complete steering arms and top mounts on in april. changed to coilovers a few months ago and did an inner cv joint.

will have a butchers but would have thought 6 months old should still be good.

lol nope no kerbs, my wheels are still as intended. had allignment done after my coilovers went on.

7.5j, on 195 50 15 proxies. any road at all really.

properly doing my nut in.

Have you lost the little weight that sits on the 8v driveshaft? I think it's a resonance damper or something but it might have affected the weight enough to increase the torque steer.

I doubt it would affect it THAT much though.

Have noticed the torque steer on my G60 gets much worse when the front tyres are on the limit, also affects brake steering on rutted roads, how are your tyres?

ah didnt think of that, will check on the weight, think it was there a few weeks ago when i put the steering gaitor back on.

tyres havnt covered 1k yet.

The only time mine torque steers violently is when giving it the big un up a hill with severely ruts in the road.

If it's doing it all the time, it's either a geometry or hardware issue. What that hardware is could be anything from knackered bushes to a knackered steering rack.

Could even be tyres as mentioned already. Half worn Eagle F1s used to be bad for that....

seems to do it all the way through second and a bit in third, hill or no hill. stop ragging it is the simple answer i guess.

tracking/allignment was done a few months ago.

havnt bumped into anything to knock it off and it still runs pretty true (slighty to the left as intended, i believe).

will be right fooked off if its the rack.

nothing special i wouldnt have thought, bought a pair of complete wishbones from veedubmachine.

I've found that standard wishbone bushes suck. When they fail the car pulls all over the road when you accelerate and decelerate. The solution is to fit polyurethane bushes or Audi tt bushes