Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Radiator subframe bushes

Does anyone have the part numbers for the 4 rubber bushes on the radiator subframe? Im going to assume they can be replaced as they are accessible when the subframe is removed. I've had a look on ETKA and cannot find anything....

Many Thanks

Jay

171 121 276D should do the job, that's for a mk2 1.3 litre engine, but the slam panels, rads and fixings are all basically the same over all the engines, or you could just find a thick rubber plumbing type washer from B&Q etc. :)

or you could just find a thick rubber plumbing type washer from B&Q etc. :)

:lol:

Edit: found it, part number is 191 199 233 (perhaps you thought i was talking about something different)

Part 3 was the bit i needed (circled in red) I should probably replace the bolts too while im at it...

050000.png[/attachment:q1jui211]

The part number you specified was for the actual radiator rubber mounts but thanks for putting that up as they only cost pennies and might as well replace them too!

ah! miss-read your original post, should of realised when you said 4 rubber mounts,

I wouldn't advise replacing the front subframe bushes with tap washers though :lol:

defo replace the bolts at the same time - mine were rusted to buggery when they came out and my car was one of the least rusty examples i've seen.

be warmed the new bushes are a real swine to get in - i gave up and took mine to be pressed in by a garage - you have been warned!

good luck sorting it all - it's much nicer putting the front back together and knowing there's nothing sinister hidden behind your bumper.

defo replace the bolts at the same time - mine were rusted to buggery when they came out and my car was one of the least rusty examples i've seen.

be warmed the new bushes are a real swine to get in - i gave up and took mine to be pressed in by a garage - you have been warned!

good luck sorting it all - it's much nicer putting the front back together and knowing there's nothing sinister hidden behind your bumper.

odd those bolts, the front nearside bumper mounting bolt seems to act as a little trap for water, on both of my rusty cars water dripped out when I removed them, bit of a problem area.

warned eh, i think a bit of brute force and a hammer might do the job lol but thats for the heads up!

£37.60 for 4 rubber mounts and 11 bolts...(including engine mount bolts)! not going to order the front engine mount from TPS though....over £100!! think ill get it from GSF only £25!

if you can get the new bushes in with a hammer then please send me your old knackered ones and i'll take a video of myself eating them!!!

best of luck all the same :lol: