Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

Corner weighting a Corrado

Anyone done it, and in what trim?

I'd be interested to see what the F/R load distribution was! The trim level would also be important :D

J

Oh just noticed I showed you the VR6, sorry!

The 16v is on there too, and I'm guessing it will be even more central.

do you mean trying to set the corner weight up?

I had a go but the back end is really hard to get the distribution right and the suspension sits too high on one side

I'm sure Henny had corner weighted his old blue G60. He seemed pretty pleased with the results at the time IIRC.

I'm with Rob. Corner weighing a solid rear beam car is kind of pointless. As soon as you fill the car with petrol, it all goes to c0ck. A MK5 would corner weigh a lot better as it's fully independant.

I had mine done at AW Tracksport last year, no idea what the results were but I'll give them a bell to see if they have it recorded.

Thanks forthe replies. I was mainly looking for the F/R weight split. The VR6 model is fine cheers mate (16v on Carfolio doesn't aweight dist :/ ) as I can subtract the weight of the drivetrain and see where we stand :D

Should be able to calculate moments if I can find out where the centre of mass acts from the engine (i.e. how much in front / behind front "axle line")

well I guess if that 58% front weight bias figure for the VR6 is correct then it's hardly surprising the 4cyl corrados feel so balanced to drive,

the VR is some 100Kg heavier than a 4cyl C around that 8% over 50/50

could the 4cyl Corrado really be 50/50 weight distribution :shock:

the VR engine and ancilliaries is further forward in the engine bay then there's a bit of extra weight from the plus axle gear too I'd think, not to mention a bigger radiator.

At the back there's little difference betwen the models.

its not far off 50/50

when i had a go at corner weighting mine, i took a picture of the scales. will try and dig the pictures out later.

we managed to get the front perfectly weighted, but the back was a pain in the hoop.

i think my 20vt weighed 1274kg with driver and half a tank of fuel

Cheers Rob.

I'm interested in finding out what a non-engined/drivetrain'd Corrado shell (with running gear) comes in at just my subtracting weight of engine/train and doing the sums.

I just wanna play round with where you'd have to mount an R32 etc to get perfect 50/50. If I can get weights and accurate dimensions, I can CAD it all.

well I guess if that 58% front weight bias figure for the VR6 is correct then it's hardly surprising the 4cyl corrados feel so balanced to drive,

the VR is some 100Kg heavier than a 4cyl C around that 8% over 50/50

could the 4cyl Corrado really be 50/50 weight distribution :shock:

the VR engine and ancilliaries is further forward in the engine bay then there's a bit of extra weight from the plus axle gear too I'd think, not to mention a bigger radiator.

At the back there's little difference betwen the models.

The VR6 feels balanced to drive aswell. People will play on the VR's nose weight but it really isn't an issue out on the roads. The VR's F/R ratio is actually the same as an Integra Type R's, approx 64/36.

th_IMG_0144.jpg

62/38 without me in it.

that is with a 20vt, leather trim and a sub in the boot

Those figures were before we started to try and corner weight it. Obviously when you stick a driver in it throws the right hand side out. Managed to get the front perfect, but the rear wouldn't play ball

Yeah, Kev said that cos the rear suspension is linked by the beam, it's a bit pointless trying to corner weight it.

Figures are very helpful though, cheers :D