Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

v6 4mo or an s3?

Can someone who owns or has owned both a vr6 and an s3 give me a comparison, pro's con's etc? Just drove the vr6 back from essex and loved it so having second thoughts but i do want the power and 4wd of the audi...

What are you looking for in your next car? If you're looking for a reliable daily then I'd have the S3 (or a 4Mo). If your priority is engine noise and the rarity factor (and you can put up with a occasional niggles) then I'd suggest keeping the Corrado. What is it that you love about the Corrado and what is it about it that makes you want to change it?

Maybe the 4Mo is a good compromise if you're after the big engined feel with 4WD and slightly more modern? I know you've already dismissed the 4Mo but if you wanted to have a good look around a low mileage well looked after one, and a bit of a drive without feeling rushed on a test drive, then you're more than welcome to pop over and take a look at mine. It's not for sale and it's the 5 door version so wouldn't be what you're looking for anyway... but it might help your decision a bit. I'm not too far away from you.

Sorry to throw another decision your way but have you considered a mk1 TT? Lovely cars and I'd have one over an S3, and they are probably the closest you'd get to a modern Corrado (excluding the new Scirocco which is way more expensive).

I like the TT from a performance point of view but being a 6'1" rugby player i dont think i could get away with it. Again with the 4 motion im just not a fan of mk4 shape but thanks for the offer if i do change my mind il def take you up on it! I love the looks of the rado and the noise it makes. What i dont like is that squeezing extra power out of it is going to be expensive. I like the idea of easily having 280bhp with £400 and 4wd in the s3 and having a newer interior etc.

It sounds like the S3 is for you then :)

Id agree. Depends if you really want 6cyl or not. If its not high on your priority then the S3 is the car to go for. Mine had a Revo remap, Koni Coils, Neuspeed ARB's, Milltek, R32 brakes, full leather and a few other little bits and it would walk away from a 4motion. I love V6's mind you and the 4mo's were always a bit of a bargin compared to the S3 but if they did a V6 S3 Id have one of them.

You be surprised how much headroom there is in a tt. Loved mine but baby forced sale. Loads of front room just zero in back.

harry i'm 6ft 3ish and weigh 17 stone (used to play rugby for the county) and the mk1 tt is plenty big enough mate, i got the driving position sorted and there was about 3" of headroom left easy.

just go and have a look at one mate.

karl

I'll say what most people think....It's a girls car :fondle: ..... Only joking, I ve got my heart set on an s3, did have a quick look at the tt there seem to be loooaaads for sale at the moment, most with high miles though. Can humans fit in the back?

yeh a human cat fit in the back mate, but not after they are 2 years old :lol: and who you calling a girl :censored:

I've been in the back of a TT a few times. I'm 5ft 8" and it was ok for short journeys... but not a long one.

It really sounds like you do have your heart on an S3 and if you get something else then I think you'll regret it. So an S3 it should be :)

Out of interest what was it that you were looking for in a Corrado before you bought one?

I owned a g60 before and I loved it, went on to build a pretty rapid 2l 16v mk2 but that felt too much like a go kart and I was a bit embarrassed about turning up to my army selection board in a car that couldnt clear the speed bumps and sounded like a NASCAR. Vr6 rado gave me a quick grown up looking car which was still plenty of fun. I'm now just looking for an upgrade really along the same lines, plus I'm loving the tuning potential of the 20vt, always wanted a turbo charged car!

Before I had my car I was looking for a 20vt rado but I ended up buying the vr after I viewed it, 6.5k is about a grand over my budget unfortunately. Looks great though! Think it would struggle with all that power going through the front wheels without traction control and LSD though!

Edit; just seen quaife LSD in spec, does that belong to someone on here?