Sign in to follow this  
stu37

Dragon Green VR

Hi guys fairly new to the forum and mainly been browsing while I have done things to the car its been pretty eventfull with plenty of ups and downs with plenty being spent.

When I bought my car it had, 72k on the clock and was completely standard, I have spent the past few months putting my own little touches to the car. I think everyone will agree that the VR6 engine really is something special. :).

Here are a couple of pictures just after she had been bought and polished about 20 times!!!!

Nice to see another dragon green and one looking so smart. The pearl colours look sweet when polished up

Thanks mate, to be honest when I was originally looking for one, I had my heart set on the Blackberry, but after owning the Dragon Green I have fallen in love with it!!! I love moody look of the green in at night under lighting :D .

Very nice mate.

Planning on keeping it standard?

Thankyou for the comment, well I have a couple of things planned and a few things have been done since these pics I will upload them asap. I must admit to liking the standard look. Subtle is my plan :) .

Looks very tidy mate and sunshine in the pics must be from somewhere exotic :)

Well sadly south wales isnt very exotic, in Cardiff it must have been the only day we now remember as.... THE day of sunshine!!!!!......... lol

I just thought I would add a couple of between then and now.... The first few pics are back in mid 2008.. Since then I have had a crunch and had to rebuild the whole front end..

One of my calipers started to bind on the disk and eventually as I crawled my way home on touching the brakes one caliper locked and sent me sailing into my girlfriends brothers tow bar :mad2: .

Also just a week after it was finally put back together I had not one but two ARB stabiliser arms break puncturing both cv joints and on one side it mullered the cv joint itself!!!! Bad times.

I really at this point starting to think that (A) I should have listen to my old mum and not have bought a green car or (B) I should move away from the crap roads of wales asap!!

Nice to see another dragon green and one looking so smart. The pearl colours look sweet when polished up

Thanks mate, to be honest when I was originally looking for one, I had my heart set on the Blackberry, but after owning the Dragon Green I have fallen in love with it!!! I love moody look of the green in at night under lighting :D .

Hi mate, I know exactly what u mean about how good and addictive the colour is :) I find filling up at petrol stations at night makes it look absolutely awesome! :Fade-color

Sounds like u got a nice example there bud, I bought mine that was quite similar back last yr. Sorry to hear about ur issues mate, how about some recent pix then? :wave:

Hey and thanks for the comments I have a couple of photos post the crash and I have to say it was looking better than before. I have slowly been doing bits and pieces to it when I have the time and can also afford too. I would love to consider Shrick manifolds, different cams and superchargers but my vr is my only car and I cant justify spending £2000 on the engine. So for now its a slow process for me. I will try and get some pics over the weekend and update them on here, Il also do a run down of bits and spec so far :) .

Hi guys been really really busy over the last few days, but have just had chance to give the c a quick clean and take some pictures of the beast as she is now, unfortunately it was just literally a ten minute wash so not looking her best but still trooping on!! I have also had a tot up of the mods I have done since owning the car..

288mm Front brakes refurbished and fitted.

Rebuilt rear calipers.

Braided brake lines all round.

Bilstein B6 shocks.

Eibach Pro kit springs.

Mk3 top mounts.

New gearbox mount.

Supa RamAir Filter.

Front end replaced (weep :( )

New front ARB,

Two cv joints,

Both drop links.

Door reprayed and dents removed.

Webasto slider sunroof.

Eton component speakers, Custom mounts for tweeters and fabricated door pod hangers. (Concealed Crossovers). Sounds great and looks oe.

New lines.

Refurbed Speedines..

Hella black smoke rear lights.

Concealed glove box fuel pump cut off flick switch.

Black front vw badge (rather than badgless)

Silver rear STORM badge... sort of wish I had not done it now... :camp:

TT wipers on the way!!!!! (now fitted)

Tried too many sets of wheels some good and some not so good....

And thats about it... and in that time I have done about 20,000 miles!!! The car has been in my eyes amazing!!

That's a fresh looking Speedline there bud! :D

Any pix of this sunroof and the rear lights? I assume u tinted them urself?? :thumbleft:

I have to be honest I bought the lights of a guy tinted, they are hella and by the looks of it where made tinted, tho I could be wrong. I will have to get a couple of better shots over the weekend. :o)

Just bought some TT wipers so should sort my awful blade problem with no contact on the screen!! Is it relatively easy to fit these?

Some infor here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43905

Thankyou mate for the advice... I think I may have dropped a boob tho.....

Wrong arms...?

Im worried that I have bought mk1 TT arms and they are going to be no good... Do you have TT arms fitted mate?

No Im still rocking the standard approach mate! I believe it's mk1's u need though, part no: 8N2 955 408D...?

Im afraid i dont have the pn but I have to say my wiper situation had reached a point where I had to do something, lol. Fingers crossed :D .

Do you have any pics of the rear? I think the greens can be difficult to get the light cluster colour right. If I end up with a green then I think smoked might look nice although I like keeping things standard.

Do you have any pics of the rear? I think the greens can be difficult to get the light cluster colour right. If I end up with a green then I think smoked might look nice although I like keeping things standard.

I have dark smoke and have the originals in the loft... Best of both worlds.. Dark smoke all the way!!!!!