Sign in to follow this  
stu37

Squeking sound... Leaking gearbox mount

Hi guys I have had my Corrado for 18 months now and it has the most annoying squeaking sound when accelerating almost as the engine rocks back and forth.... Any ideas guys please. The gearbox mount looks like its leaked...? Are they a sealed unit? :(

Yes the original mounting was a sealed oil filled unit, so if it's leaking it is knackered. The new ones have been replaced by full rubber ones. They cost about £40 from Vw and also improve the general smoothness of acceleration and gear changing due to the engine not lurching around. There are some threads on here about uprated mountings that may be of interest to you as well.

Thanks for the advice mate I think im going to have to invest in some new ones! Never mind what I replace now should be another thing off the list.

get a solid rubber one for a golf diesel from gsf. About £15, iirc

Hello mate would that me mark 3 or 4 .... sorry for being so naive.. :camp:

Digging up this engine mount thread as my engine is rocking all over the place at the minute. It's causing a few issues including stress on the exhaust joints and as I have a 4 branch it's rattling off stuff now as well.

I'm leaning towards a solid or stiff poly front mount and not sure what to do with the rears. I don't want to be blowing a stupid amount of money either as this is my daily driver.

What's everyone's recommendations?