Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

Toad Ai600 wont chirp

I have A Toad Ai600 alarm fitted to my corrado which is amazing, thatcham 1 status and does everything i need it too apart from....it wont "chirp" when arming and disarming and i would like it too!

I've heard that in the brainbox of the alarm there is a switch that you can adjust to make it "chirp" but i have no idea how to do this and dont want to take it apart only to find that the car stays locked for the rest of time....

Anyone any good with alrms and could give me some guidance?

Cheers

Pete

I have the same alarm.......had it fitted to my last 2 cars.......same guy fitted both times.

Mine 'chirps' all the time , but if i press the bottom left button before locking/unlocking, then it operates silently.

There must be a way to turn the 'chirp' on and off in the control box.......not that i know how its done though :D

So after that useless info, i'll go away and do something else :lol:

hahah this actually made me laugh! Well its a relief to know that it does "chirp" just need someone who knows how to adjust the control box, talking to a guy from toad atm and he said it probably needs a service? how on earth do you service an alarm!?

I know where the control box is, so if anyone knows how to adjust it then let me know!

You should put your location on , that way if someone is local to you and they know of someone reliable , they might be able to pass you a number :D

I'm near ipswich in suffolk if that's any help! I phoned toad and they said it probably needs a service, but it costs 150 for a service and all they do is check it over, I told him it works fine I just want it to chirp after that he didn't really give me any answer at all! So still not sure what to do!

If you have the pin number for the alarm you can do it yourself. You just need to get hold of the service manual (it's available online pretty easily) and read it very carefully. Basically it involves a very specific sequence of turning the ignition on an off and watching the display LED. I actually went the other way; the chirps annoyed me so I turned them off.

FWIW I initially didn't have the pin number for my alarm, but through some arm twisting managed to get a dealer to retrieve it for me. You need to get the serial number off the alarm box (it'll be in the dash somewhere) and a dealer can ask TOAD for the pin for a particular serial number. You can't go to TOAD direct though, it has to be through a dealer.