Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

OH OOH!!!!

One last thing is the car Garaged over night. My exhaust is not perfect and its only done 38'000. I bet quick fit would go bust if everyones exhausts last that long.

Good work fella

Yeah my VR6 is garaged every night without fail. Mainly for insurance reasons plus keeps the dirt off the paintwork.... dont usually take her out in the rain either unless I really have too....

I wouldnt let Kwik Fit clean the ashtrays on my cars..... :roll:

mine is still on original exhaust at 114000 as far as i can make out i have a binder full of bills and stuff going right back to day 1 with the delivery checklist and every tax disk and mot certificate i was blown away when the guy i bought it from produced this pile of paperwork :shock: :shock:

I have a four inch thick file of paperwork for the VR6 PLUS the service history log books, etc in the grey leather VW binder. Not bad for a car that doesnt have full VAG History and I picked up dirt cheap :lol:

Well you pay for what you get..... hence why VW exhausts are so expensive. Most 'Quick Fit' places use cheap mild steel systems that are poor grade steel hence why they dont last long - although some places are bringing in warranties on exhausts - doubt whether that will cover corrosion though!

When mine does need replacing it will either be genuine VW or a Milltek Stainless unit....

The Corrado exhaust usually suffers from broken hangers and a rusty middle box - especially round the area where the pipe comes out of middle box towards rear silencer - had two middle boxes that went in this exact place on my old 16V.