Sign in to follow this  
cmoth

Vr6 on ebay - Anyone know this car?

It seems strange that a car belonging to a forum member has ended up in the hands of a trader? Maybe it is just me being over cautious but would be good to find out more...

James 28 - if you still have yours in January, once you have MOtd for 12 months, I may take a trip down to Wales to see it and then consider making you an offer. Its not possible b4 then im afraid... :(

Well mate I cant say to know the histrory but it seems like a good buy for the cash and a lovely choice of colour. I would ask the seller for the log book number the long one on the front of the log book... go on google and type in mot checker... This is completely free and provided by the DVLA, it shows up recorded mileage at different points of its life, MOT fail points and also all the advisories. This is well worth looking into and gives you a real heads up to the honesty of a seller. It looks to me like a small time trader that sells a couple of cars a month from home and has bought the C as a speculative purchase and is not really a corrado bod. Its worth a punt if you are happy with the mileage. For me, no test beats a good look around the car itself as a good car often speaks for itself!!! Good luck mate.

It seems strange that a car belonging to a forum member has ended up in the hands of a trader? Maybe it is just me being over cautious but would be good to find out more...

James 28 - if you still have yours in January, once you have MOtd for 12 months, I may take a trip down to Wales to see it and then consider making you an offer. Its not possible b4 then im afraid... :(

I only commented on the car i didnt say mine was for sale i think neil made you an offer to buy his :)

i think this is what you meant :D and the blackberry car looks great as someone said go see it in the metal

is this anything special ????

other than it's done 108K and blackberry and 2 owners ???

were solitudes and option instead of speedlines...

Looks like a decent car, Solitudes were probably added at some point, it doesn't say a forum member, its says

"It Has Clearly Been Lovingly Cared For By The Same Mature Owner Since 1999 (A Member Of The VW Corrado Owners Club)" Just go and look over it :wink:

Yes, know the car and previous owner. Looked after. Northwest Corrado.

Its not had a hard life.

Good buy. But check it out by viewing.

Solitudes were not an option at the time of the original purchase.

Also, Harry wouldn't be a forum member.... Ebay description reads staight as I know it. So no wool there.

My point exactly :brickwall:

My point exactly :brickwall:

Not many cars compare favourably with yours Digger!

Yes, know the car and previous owner. Looked after. Northwest Corrado.

Its not had a hard life.

Good buy. But check it out by viewing.

Solitudes were not an option at the time of the original purchase.

Hi, just joined forum and believe it or not i bought the car in question last saturday. Looks like its been really well looked after (before Harry it was owned by a doctor for 4 years). You said you worked on the car? What work was carried out by you? Hardly got any paper work with the car but having driven it and given it a good lookover decided it was worth a small risk. M.O.T had 3 advisories on it :small oil leak(not yet traced), slight wear to rear disc and slight corrosion to subframes?! Going to my mechanic tomorrow to get it on ramps for a good look. How did he manage to keep the interior/exterior in such good condition? Really pleased with the car so far...

The friend (Harry) traded it in. Got fed up with the Corrado, mainly due to back ache. It was traded in thro' a Suzuki garage for a Swift. So it must have been picked up at an auction. Nothing wrong with it other than what you see as you view it. I remember the Solitudes being added about 11 years ago. The guy was not one for changing it so it will be pretty much standard.

:gag: Not comparing it to mine Jon ,It just pisses me off the way its being advertised thats all :cuckoo:

What's wrong with how it's advertised - looks a really good car and good advert too, especially for eBay - someone got a bargain there!

The friend (Harry) traded it in. Got fed up with the Corrado, mainly due to back ache. It was traded in thro' a Suzuki garage for a Swift. So it must have been picked up at an auction. Nothing wrong with it other than what you see as you view it. I remember the Solitudes being added about 11 years ago. The guy was not one for changing it so it will be pretty much standard.

Cheers for that. The guy I bought it off said your friend traded it in for 2 swifts for him and his wife! Apart from the wheels it has a stainless exhaust (no idea what it is though) which seems to make the engine note a bit quieter than standard. Only thing which annoys a bit is I forgot to check the stereo and it doesn't work - the red light isn't flashing when the fascia is removed so I don't know if it just needs reconnecting or not? I just wish I'd bought it in summer!