Sign in to follow this  
Abdul

Passenger side window not working

Hi guys, im assuming its the motor as i can hear the relays when i hit the switch but the window doesn't go down most of the time. Some times it will and if it does it'll come back up very slowly but most of the time it wont go down at all unless i open the door and slam it shut again, even thats stopped working lately :lol:

I just wanted someone to confirm the most likely culprit so i can go on the hunt for the parts.

One more question, is the central locking only operational from the drivers side right??

Thanks,

Abdul

Have you checked with both switches, drivers side and passenger side? Is it the same result using both sources? Sometimes the button switch inside can be faulty and you may have to press the switch at a different angle for it to work. That will confirm whether the motor itself is at fault or indeed the switch.

Have you checked with both switches, drivers side and passenger side? Is it the same result using both sources? Sometimes the button switch inside can be faulty and you may have to press the switch at a different angle for it to work. That will confirm whether the motor itself is at fault or indeed the switch.

Yup, had a good play with the switches. You can take a look too when we meet up lol.

Im guessing it's the motor anyway as when it does work its getting weaker and weaker traveling back up.

worth checking the motor is definatly dead when you take the door card off before removing whole window mech.

i speak from experience. its annoying to remove the old one, fit new one to find the motor wasnt the fault LOL

i ran a 12 v supply direct to motor off the battery just to check it was a faulty motor in the end :D