Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

stripping...

anyone completely stripped the interior of the corrado? and i mean completely, roof lining, carpets, trim etc.... just wondered how good/bad the paint is underneath it all, will a rotary polisher bring out a nice finish or will it really require a respray?

You would be better off spraying ot again theres alot of cables and stickers and other shit underneath all the interior and the paints not like the outside its very uneven ! Plus all your sound deadning is stook to th floor

And if you take the headlining out you have an exposed sunroof and all other wires and pipes for the sunroof water tun off !

What you trying to attempt here ??

yep gonna leave everything out when its done, luckily i dont have a sunroof so dont have that to contend with! im going for an ultra lightweight 16v! look at the OMG thread in the "general chat section" and thats what im going for but in alpine white and with borbets rather than custom wheels!

even when everythings out and cleaned up you dont think that a mop and polish is enough? its not a problem getting it resprayed just would save time not having to get it done!

I was expecting mention of empty beer glasses and £1 coins being dropped into them. Thread fails to deliver :(

okie dokes cheers guys, will get the inside done if it all goes ahead then...i guess if its a crap idea at least it everything that comes out can go back in again! be interesting to see how this affects the performance

be interesting to see how this affects the performance

It'll certainly sound faster by losing all the sound deadening.

Yeah as abdul says, you do what you can, plus I like my wheels and there not exactly heavy! Iv been strongly influenced by the ferrado in my 'OMG' thread and want to replicate/improve on what that guys done, for instance I'm still gonna have a stereo tucked away and I'll probs leave the heating in too!! Just throwing a few ideas about atm will see what happens