Sign in to follow this  
polskisklep

No Boost :(

Ive got a G60 and its not creating any boost atm. I took it into the garage and the supercharger is fine, no boost leaks. Im very confused as to why its has no boost :( Ive ordered a mapping sensor chip to see if thats the problem but if that doesnt work, ill be stuffed. Any ideas as to what it could be?

The supercharger is still trying to create boost, sounds fine and is in good condition but no boost. :help:

If the charger is fine, then it can only really be the pipework/intercooler that leaking. Do you have the original black outlet on the supercharger?

Neil.

What makes you think there isn't any boost? A gauge reading or a lack of power? There has to be a leak somewhere whether it be from charger to throttle body, or throttle body through the cylinder head (Doubtfull) if the charger is fine/compressing air.

Have you checked the physical working order of the charger/associated belts?

have a look at the supercharger belt and tensioner. if the tensioner or belt are knackered, it would be fine revving it up on the spot creating the boost, but when booting it up the road (on load) it could be slipping.

check for wear around the edge of the belt, that will show you if its been slipping

If its not the map sensor chip then ill just send the charger off to G-Werks cos it cant be anything else but the charger then. Itll do it some ood to have a haul over

Ok so carrying out a boost test later today to see what psi my chargers putting out. The pipes are expanding at idle and under load the charger is making noise and trying to boost but nothing. This gives me the impression at the moment that its loosing pressure under load. Therefore the seals in the charger are going. Im 98% sure i need a rebuild