Sign in to follow this  
kuksool

finnally took a vr6 raddo for a test drive AND.....

how bloody nice it was to drive... you know when you buy a new car it takes a while to get used to well as soon as i sat in the seat it was such a drivers car!!! i loved it

ive got to give a decsion tonight on it.... its a 95 black VR with 55k (verified) full vwsh and is mint oh and one lady owner! she wants £5800 oringinally 6k but i haggled a bit as you do!!! just wondering whether to take the plunge as it will leave brassic till pay day :( but will give me im sure :lol: when driving her!

quick question though is the original alarm system instaled by VW on the raddo thatcham approved or will i need to get a CAT 1 system installed... and do you guys have any prefereces on alarm systems ive been quoted £300 for a toad system!

cheers

Scott

if i were you i wouldn't bother haggling too much........by the sounds of it you've found a good'un......so paying £5800 aint too much a hassle IMO.........as for the std VW alarm.....some insurance companies will be happy enough with this whilst others will demand at least an installation certificate or a new CAT1

i remember that feeling when i got into my VR..... the drive home was sensational :lol:

where you from? i saw you mention cambridge in a previous thread...if so maybe you might want to meet up some time? could take some snaps of both cars together?

im really excited at the prospects of owning this car its gorgeous!! but im worried about the next 2 weeks before payday??? as will have nothing, no over draft etc!!! dont know what to do.... as on the other hand it will hold its value and will be more than reliable in my eyes.

im in mildenhall but work on the sci park in cambridge!!

Get the car. Ovedrafts are easy to arrange and often free. I only pay interest over £100.

thats the point ive got a 1000 interest free overdraft (ex student) and im using this versus taking a loan!!!!!

could kill the credit card i suppose! :mrgreen:

beg borrow or steal...just buy the car... low milage, lady owner, cars like this dont come up to often and when they do they usually to good to be true.....so if this one is genuine id say go for it!

oh and if you do want to meet up to take some pics give me a shout...always up for taking photos....especially of corrados :lol:

That does sound like a brilliant example at that price. I have seen non verified 80K VRs advertised for more!!

Hope you are rolling soon! 8)

car is gone now do to an out bid against me but still a very long story :( the search continues guys ill keep you posted to when and what i get :roll:

you should hold out and wait to find a VR6 if that is what you have been wanting for so long (i saw you were interested in a G60 on another thread). The VR will hold it value better and give you a bigger smile!!

yeah yeah i know... jedi ive been looking around for so long i just love the shape of the raddo and how it feels when i sit in one... that if i see a nice one g60 or vr6 i will have a look at it

the search goes on....?

Scott

I had the same feeling when i went to try a VR6, having owned a 2.016v for under a year. they feel miles apart, and that feeling you get driving it home.... and flooring it and thinking "wow, all this power!!!"

as for the alarm, i always thought the VW standard wasnt all that good or reliable, and had a Clifford Concept 300 fitted straight away, and am more than well pleased with it.

Good luck with the search mate. Any advice you want or need, this is definitely the place to come.

Cheers. Del.

Leather seats! Hmmmm! i wish mine had leather seats. Did u see how much that set went for on Ebay!! People pay unreal amounts of money. That set had a rip and dodgy headrests as well! ah well... keep dreaming i guess...