Sign in to follow this  
Rams

OBD2 Conversion.....

Would anyone be interested in doing the OBD2 conversion for me if I can source the last item I need? I have the keys, transponder, manifold and throttle body/maf and engine ancilary loom.

I'm not confident in doing the conversion myself but I make an excellent cup of tea usually accompanied by jammy doggers :D

What sort of labour would I be looking at for everything to be fitted? Can remove the brake servo if needed before

The main beef is the loom mate. Bit of an arse from what I understand (especially if you get given an auto loom as I did...mass confusion until this was realised). Apart from that as far as I am aware, the rest is pretty straightforward, unbolt and replace.

However I paid for someone else to do mine. Wasn't cheap but not bank breaking either.

Cheers dude,

I read that you can update the late wiring and change plug ends but couldnt get any clearer advise.... The manifold etc I could happily do but I dont want to get the wiring wrong. The ancilary loom is simple enough to plug in. If I got a manual loom, is it a matter of plugging into fuse board and using those wires, plugging into the car? I though there was a fair bit of splicing and modifying on the loom and I know I would fudge it up, for sure.

Cheers dude,

I read that you can update the late wiring and change plug ends but couldnt get any clearer advise.... The manifold etc I could happily do but I dont want to get the wiring wrong. The ancilary loom is simple enough to plug in. If I got a manual loom, is it a matter of plugging into fuse board and using those wires, plugging into the car? I though there was a fair bit of splicing and modifying on the loom and I know I would fudge it up, for sure.

No, there's a load of connectors on the OBD2 loom that the C doesn't use/fit and vice versa. Its a case of splice the two together until you have what you need afaik. A couple of peeps on here have done it themselves, have a butchers at this thread.

Don't really wanna say too much more as I could be leading you down the wrong road, but am just telling you of my limited knowledge of handing it to someone else to sort out ;)