Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Mrk2 Golf VR6 Conversions

Sorry forgot to mention and I think some people with agree with me that the 2.8 vr golf highline engine is a good one aswell and mainly down to the ECU system nd that it uses the coilpack. Ive seen golf highlines produce 190bhp so i wouldnt ignore those engines either.

do i reall need to point out the minr differences between a mk2 golf and a corrado?

thing is, it's easy to take a comparison against a corrado vR6, they are standard cars, not so with the mk2 VR6, they are all different, and there is a lot of variables to take into account, plus they are all hand built (or bodged?). you get good ones, you get awful ones....

and who's to say 50/50 is necessarily the best? in that situation you have to brake hard to get the front wheels to grip when you turn in. if you've already got the weight there then don't turn in on the brakes, eae off them slightly as yo turn in to balance the car up a bit.

You can learn to drive around the different weight distribution. not all cars drive tha same.

at then end of the day, I've built owned and driven 2 of them over the last 5 years, and I think they they handle just fine. for a one off drive it might not be to your liking, you can feel the extra weight, but you can drive around it, and the grunt of the VR6 more that makes up for it.

Phat they are all good point which i can argue with im just saying with your car it might be different due the fact you did a few mods to it??? that was my main question

p.s drivers abilties do come into it aswell :D

p.s drivers abilties do come into it aswell :D

Especially at Curborough....not the easiest of tracks. Very small and tight with plenty of twists and turns. There's also some very nasty boundary grids which have wrecked many a rim :(

I've watched a 'lesser' MK2 VR fudge it's way round there, squealing and understeering all over the place. Obviously not one of the best installations :?