ANDREW 30

I'm planning on Rotrex charging my VR shortly!

As the title suggests i've finally pulled my finger out my arse and i'm going to force feed my VR.

I've been collecting odds and ends for a fare while and the list is going to be below, can anyone point out any bits I might have overlooked?

Stainless 6 branch manifold, 2.5" decat pipe, ARP conrod bolts, ARP headstuds, sp263 cams

And i'm buying a Complete Rotrex kit with, C30-84 charger with 80mm pulley, Traction fluid, oil lines, radiator, header tank, Forge recirc valve, Storm Fuel Pressure regulator, Aux belt, Non-aircon bracket and pulley, all sorted silicone hoses, also a DevilsOwn Methanol/Water injection kit.

I realise i'll be needing a head spacer gasket and uprated injectors, would you say i'd need Bosch 315 or 360cc Red Top injectors?

Andrew

If you'd have asked me sooner about a 6 branch i could have sorted you out. Just sold mine to 8vMatt

The 6 branch is in my list of bits I already have here, the rest is what i've put a deposit on and i'm buying from a fellow member! :wink:

Ooo, think this is a going to be a good thread. I'll keep an eye on this for future ref :nuts: :nuts:

Best of luck with it all mate and keep us updated with progress.

this is something ive been toying with too, i would love a supercharged vr , the cost isnt cheap though,

im not totally clued up on forced induction, but it seems theres a lot of good knowledgeble members that should help

I've been toying with the idea for a good while, i've put in offers and ended missed out on kits etc

The kit i'm buying now came along a while ago but the seller was'nt quite sure which way to go but got back to me last week to let me know the sale is a goer.

So I waited a couple of days just to find out if I got the promotion at work! :thumbleft:

Like youself i've got no idea about charging either, just hoping I can find all the info I need on the forum or by picking the brains of the community!!

Good man. I reckon bigger injectors in case you fancy getting a smaller pulley.

So what would you suggest?

Do you notice this is the C30-84 charger not the bigger 94.

Also the link to the saab redtops, are these compatible?

I've got a set of 440cc Green tops I was gonna use. I'd get 360cc red tops if I were you though.

It took me ages to choose the 84 over the 94.

Basically, you can't use a pulley larger than 80mm as it causes rubbing issues. An 80mm pulley on a 94 size charger will give 400+ Bhp ( see B5VWC thread) whereas the 84 should give you 310-330 depending on what other parts you use.

When we nearly struck the deal first time round I did wonder about the Charger being the 84, but being i'm only going to use a spacer gasket rather than a full proper low compression engine I can see it's the safer way to go as I don't want endless engine problems!

Do you know if the saab injectors and similar are compatible as they seem quite reasonable?

What sort of other mods have you done in prep for all this tasty new power?

I've done the front brakes, next the back and new lines all round to come. Then its everything to do with the suspension side of things inc bushes etc. I just want to cover as many bases as poss before looking at some bigger engine fun power :norty:

WRT the Red tops on eBay, £50 each is pretty steep. Personally, I'd pay £150 tops for reds, £200 for Greens., but you've got to play the waiting game for them to come up!

I fitted upgraded brakes and suspension last year. Those red tops on ebay are £50 for 4 not each! And if the saab one fit i've found them for cheaper than that.

I've got a set of 440cc Green tops I was gonna use. I'd get 360cc red tops if I were you though.

It took me ages to choose the 84 over the 94.

Basically, you can't use a pulley larger than 80mm as it causes rubbing issues. An 80mm pulley on a 94 size charger will give 400+ Bhp ( see B5VWC thread) whereas the 84 should give you 310-330 depending on what other parts you use.

Spot on there mate!

The 94 will cost you significantly more and take much longer, trust me, as that's what I have. Encountered all the related problems and still not finished getting to where I really want to be after 2 years.

And yeah get the 360cc injectors, they are what I have and have no idle problems, they are close to their limit top (a good 12psi) end but I have an 85mm pulley, and yes I encountered the rubbing issues as above.

I ordered a rotex kit a while back just waiting for it to arrive going with the standard 6psi pulley so dont need head spacer so i am told hope that when its done will get about 230-240 bhp will be happy with that . vr6s just seem to need that bit more power . Been mulling it over myself for a while. its good to see others doing the rotex route as i have not seen much about them so dont know to much either .

I'm watching this thread with keen interest, there have been a few over the years but not nearly as well documented as turbo'd VR's.

3mm = 8.5:1

2mm = 9.0:1

When used with the top and bottom layers of a MK4 3 layer gasket.

If you're not planning on exceeding 12 psi, 9.0:1 is fine.

3mm = 8.5:1

2mm = 9.0:1

When used with the top and bottom layers of a MK4 3 layer gasket.

If you're not planning on exceeding 12 psi, 9.0:1 is fine.

I forgot to check back on this thread.

Thanks for the help, your a wealth of knowledge!

Woo Hoo my Christmas has come early.

My parcels arrived today, a nice new Rotrex C30-84 kit, with all the hoses brackets etc needed for fitting plus a devil own water-meth injection kit!!

Woo Hoo my Christmas has come early.

My parcels arrived today, a nice new Rotrex C30-84 kit, with all the hoses brackets etc needed for fitting plus a devil own water-meth injection kit!!

when did you order yours mate ordered mine back in october and still not got it did you get it from storm. maybe its got delayed might come in the next few days fingers crossed .