Sign in to follow this  
polskisklep

Whats best for my G60?

Ive just sent my charger off to Jabba for a stage 4 rebuild. I want to buy an sns chip and a smaller pulley but im not sure whether a 65 or 68 would be the best option?

68 probably. otherwise your shortening the service interval of the charger. You would also need larger injectors as the standard ones risk underfuelling when using a 65mm pulley

Also the power gain isn't as impressive with a 65mm pully...

any way, in answer to your question the best thing to do with your G60 is to get Jabba to send it to Gworks ASAP! :lol:

I've herd some bad stories coming from there via this forum...

Ive heard mixed reports too about Jabba but the majority have been good so i sent it there. Ill stick with the 68 then. What are the best large injectors for a g60? Bosch red top?

Yeah the Bosch red tops are the natural progression for the g60 engine, but you won't need them on a 68mm pulley

Leave it at jabba. Get a 68mm pulley and chip from SNS

was only joking Rob :wink:

like Rob says, redtops aren't needed unless your "under fuelling", probably wont experience that with a stock G60 on a smaller pully. Are jabba porting it for you?

Edit: sorry, just saw "stage 4 rebuild"

I had a Jabba chip on mine when I first got it - massively overfuelled and kicked black smoke out of the back. I would strongly recommend the SNS chips and a 68mm pulley especially if you have a standard head and standard intercooller. No point going 65mm unless you just like spending more money on rebuilds... With a stage 4 charger, and 68mm pulley the stndard injectors will be more than up to the job. I ran standard injectors with a 65mm pulley, flowed head and stage 4 charger for a couple of years, had it on an off dynos and wideband, and the injectors just coped with that (they were around 89% duty cycle when on WOT). Just make sure you mention every element of your setup when getting your chip.

Ok mate, is it worth getting 68 and the chip then have a re map?

If you have a standard setup (standard intercooler, standard head, standard exhaust manifold etc) then an off the shelf chip for a 68mm pulley and stage 4 charger should be fine. Just be clear with whoever you get it from as to you setup.

You only really need to get into custom maps when you change loads of different things.

The SNS chip will should give you decent off the shelf performance for the stage 4 charger and the 68mm pulley but for the princely sum of about £200 DG Autotech will provide a custom map to suit your car.

I have said it before and I will say it again, the variances in G60s due to the build process coupled with the age of the engine mean that it is increasingly likely that the 'off the shelf' chips will not work as well as they once did. A custom map will mean you get the best from your G throught the rev range, I know my mods on mine are not the norm (chargecooler, BBM boost pipework) but I was amazed at the difference between the before and after feeling when driving the car. The AFR output is now on the money for best acceleration on WOT (wide open throttle) and is very even, unlike the pre-MAP figures which are up and done like a yo-yo.

So simply put my recommendation would be a custom chip and to get up to DG Autotech for it (about 3 hours from Yeovil).

The SNS chip will should give you decent off the shelf performance for the stage 4 charger and the 68mm pulley but for the princely sum of about £200 DG Autotech will provide a custom map to suit your car.

I have said it before and I will say it again, the variances in G60s due to the build process coupled with the age of the engine mean that it is increasingly likely that the 'off the shelf' chips will not work as well as they once did. A custom map will mean you get the best from your G throught the rev range, I know my mods on mine are not the norm (chargecooler, BBM boost pipework) but I was amazed at the difference between the before and after feeling when driving the car. The AFR output is now on the money for best acceleration on WOT (wide open throttle) and is very even, unlike the pre-MAP figures which are up and done like a yo-yo.

So simply put my recommendation would be a custom chip and to get up to DG Autotech for it (about 3 hours from Yeovil).

WORD :salute:

Thats great advice, thats alot. After ive had the chip and pulley ill see whats available for BIG upgrades :)

LOL

If your going big... should you not consider porting to stage 5? and not stage 4

it's only an extra £70 or so... and if your going that way anyway! :wink:

although, This will defiantly mean getting a custom MAP as per Yan's advice.

can you not just tell them to hold off on the pully? You'll only have to pay for the FULL AMOUNT later??!!!! seems silly to pay TWICE! :shock:

Or borrow £70 off your mum/dad... That's what i tend to do... :brickwall:

I havnt bought the pulley yet, thatll be soon. If i have to pay twice then i will, seems stupid but i wanted as much power as i could get at the time

We'll If your HAPPY :eek:

You could sell the charger you have and use that money to buy a stage 5 one later on? (or dare I say it.... a BBM Supercharger Kit :norty: )

Anyway, Get a build thread up so we can see this Awesome beast!

Good plan, ill be wanting a stage 5 very soon so my stage 4 will be relatively new. I really want a Llysholm charger but theres hoping lol. Ill start a thread when the chargers here