Sign in to follow this  
krissyboy22

VR6 indicator problem

The passenger side indicator appears to be stuck in the on position, it is not flashing, just stays on despite the indicator stalk being in the off position. It even stays on when I put the right indicator on.

Could it be a dodgy earth or a dodgy relay.

Any ideas guys? :shrug:

Also, a question on krissy's behalf... where are the indicator relays located?

Above the fuses under the steering wheel. Relay is 19 early or 99 late IIRC. Later one gives you the variable speed intermittent wipe.

do you have the scorpion 5000 alarm?? I had this exact problem, i changed the flasher relay as you are in the process of. Did not do a thing. There are 2 relays inside the scorpion alarm ecu box, it was one of these which was nackered. There should be 2 fuses though going into the box,one for each side. I simply pulled the fuse for the side that was stuck on and problem solved.

The indicators still works as normal, it just wont flash when you arm/disarm the car.

Hope this helps?

I think the alarm is the scorpion 900 model, could it still be the fuse?

Also the indicator stays on even when the ignition is off and the keys put safely in my pocket obviously draining the battery.

Might be worth disconnecting the battery until you find it. Or if you prefer to keep the battery connected (to keep the alarm going and maybe if you don't know the stereo key code) then take the bulbs out temporarily to stop the battery draining.

do you have the scorpion 5000 alarm?? I had this exact problem, i changed the flasher relay as you are in the process of. Did not do a thing. There are 2 relays inside the scorpion alarm ecu box, it was one of these which was nackered. There should be 2 fuses though going into the box,one for each side. I simply pulled the fuse for the side that was stuck on and problem solved.

The indicators still works as normal, it just wont flash when you arm/disarm the car.

Hope this helps?

Where is the alarm ecu box usually fitted, dont want to take fuses out of the worng part. :confused4:

I think the alarm is the scorpion 900 model, could it still be the fuse?

Also the indicator stays on even when the ignition is off and the keys put safely in my pocket obviously draining the battery.

Yes thats the symptoms mine had. I would think that the alarm module will still have the two relays in so should have fuses to them. My alarm module was tucked up behind my glovebox,had to remove tray and glovebox to get to it. The fuses should be just in in-line fuse holders on the wires going into the box.