Graphite

Graphite's G60 - Project: 8vT - update in first post!

Wow, I like the pace my build thread is taking.

I have converted to 5x100 already. I'm not welding them theres plenty of meat in them to redrill and the bolt seats are tapered really well. Im drilling out to 112 so I dont have to pay more for the adaptors. I'm just a tight arse with little money lol! The H&R adapters to 114.3 are £130 per axle. FK 112 are £75 per axle. In the great words of the compare the market meerkat: "Simples" haha!

4-500 for a remap. Okay that I completely underestimated on by a million miles. Hopefully I'll win the euromillions tonight then!

I have converted to 5x100 already. I'm not welding them theres plenty of meat in them to redrill and the bolt seats are tapered really well. Im drilling out to 112 so I dont have to pay more for the adaptors. I'm just a tight arse with little money lol! The H&R adapters to 114.3 are £130 per axle. FK 112 are £75 per axle. In the great words of the compare the market meerkat: "Simples" haha!

If you need a set of 5x114.3PCD adapters (custom not FK), I can get a set of these for about £150 mate, let me know if interested and will sort out details

If you need a set of 5x114.3PCD adapters (custom not FK), I can get a set of these for about £150 mate, let me know if interested and will sort out details

Is that for all four? if so Ill bite your hand off now if you can get them to me in 7 days!!! :nuts:

Is that for all four? if so Ill bite your hand off now if you can get them to me in 7 days!!! :nuts:

Yes for a set of four, whether they could be done in 7 days especially with bad weather and Xmas approaching, I'm not sure but I will ask the question and put you in touch with the guy,

Cheers

Yes for a set of four, whether they could be done in 7 days especially with bad weather and Xmas approaching, I'm not sure but I will ask the question and put you in touch with the guy,

Cheers

Oh sweet, well give me the info. Ask if I give him the centre bore can he make them to fit? Ask what his lead time would be if he got payment tomorrow. Cheers judge!

Still going to need a few fittings for the lines and sort an oil return out.

Like I Said I'm not trying to put you off mate.

Bet you get to 1500 squids.

The remap is for both, to make sure it isn't running lean and to get the best out of it performance wise. It will most likely run ok without a map but it's going to limit the boost and possibly reliability. Which is not what you want obviously. It's not so much my g laser runs say 1 bar of boost so I can run 1 bar on my turbo, each will flow different cfm of compressed air at different rpm's. So there may be lean conditions at certain rpm's if the turbo flows more than the management is expecting to see and can't flow enough fuel.

Fitting don't cost much though.

Oh I know you aren't trying to put me off, and don't worry you're not offending me/putting me off either. I'm finding all this really, really useful. To be honest Im actually extremely greatful, I was finding it hard to get figures and facts anywhere I was looking.

Well I wont get to 1500 soon as I can't afford that at the moment. It's not like I'm half way through this and can't do it all of a sudden. I'll get a quote from jabba and a few other places and see whats best.

The engine that the turbo is going to run on is out of the car at the moment so I can do this in phases to be honest as and when the time comes. The eventual plan is to get the original engine thats still in the car with the G-lader speced up and go for a good set up then. I guess seeing as I'm only using this engine as a temporary solution to start with I can afford to leave it without a remap and just drive it extremely sensibly perhaps??

Ok well I'll post some pics that are as of late:

22_humber001.jpg

22_humber002.jpg

22_humber005.jpg

22_humber007.jpg

onsterns002.jpg

onsterns003.jpg

The top four shots were taken just by the Humber Bridge... I drove from Leeds at around 12 midnight, The M621 was so dead so I opened the taps for the last time on the current engine.

The car is now off the road, I owed the charger to another forum member blenkJ. This was in exchange for the B-E--A-UTIFUL Stern "reverse face 2" splits I got from him.

However... the story doesn't end here! Within the next month or so I'm going to be pulling the front off of the car and removing the dying powerplant. The new block is going to be going for work not long after.... I can't wait.