sexybourbon

mij exhausts

Thinking of a new system and then a run to d and g auto tech for a chip and set up for my 2 ltr c and was just wondering if anybody had used them tjere work seems exellent and there based in a smart new buildind and the exhausts are guarenteed for life and the exhausts are made to your spec on the day

Anybody got any exparience or know who has ??

Hi Borbet,

I had my exhaust fabricated at MIJ and I have found the quality of work carried out to be fantastic. Its a nice quiet system (they will give you the option on loudness when you get there though to suite your tastes). There havn't been any rattles or knocks since installation.

The only point I would advice on is to be careful on the price and be clear on what size diameter exhaust you require as I did make the mistake of not asking the right questions and ended up with an exhaust which is slightly smaller in diameter than stock. (Thats my problem mot MIJs though)

They are based on a large indutrial estate in the middle of nowere and the work took 5 hours for my car so take a book or something to pass the time.

I would use them again in the future thats about the best recommendation I can give.

Cheers Alan

Sorry for tje delay in posting about this i think im gonna play it safe now with a jetex but iv still got them in mind and like you say there work does look good any body else got any recomendations on this company

MIJ Done a fantastic job on our corrado quality work and sounds great and on our old audi too. We was recomended them from a friend who have always used them on all there cars

Cheers guys think om gonna order the jetex now tho as iv spoke to dg auto tech and want to play it safe i think as its a bit of a journey if anything was to go wrong bit tjanks for the help it was quite a bit ago when i was deciding what to get

Went to MIJ a few weeks ago and dealt with Jay the owney, top guy! We spoke about what I wanted and said that I preffered to keep the pipe diameter the same as the decat all the way through and wanted to have a quite system.

They were very quick but was very surprised that the system was fully welded together with no joints and they used solid rubber mounts to fit it!! But I mentioned this and they fitted a flanged joint (not my preference but thats all they could do). I was in a rush so, once they completed the work I had to go off to my family in Worcester. Jeez was it loud at low to 2krpm under slight load but once it was reving with light load such as on the dual carriage ways or motor way it sounded sweet. However the loudness was too much to live with as a daily.

So I called them up the next day and Jay said it would take a few miles for the silencers to fill up with carbon and would dull down, but it didnt. So I called them up again and they said to bring it in for review. So yesterday I took the car back and we looked at my options, after a bit of um and arm ing we ended up replacing the rear cylindrical silencer with an oval version and removed one of the solid mounts. Once complete I took the car for a quick spin and it was much, much better!! I shook Jays hand and headed home with a smile on my face.

So to summarise, a cheap CAT back SS custom exhaust served with a proffesional and friendly service. Just make sure you state exactly how you want the system ie type of mounts, joints, sounds and size etc etc.

I only have a picture of the first system, I didnt get one done of the second one while on the ramp but Ill try and get something sorted.188778_10150101552964270_509934269_6466628_342054_n.jpg

Cool i wondered about the out come of mij i ended up with the jetex non resonated two box system

Im suprised they welded the full system up thats gotta be triky ?? As long as its sorted now thats the main im very happy with mine just enough pops n bangs an a really nice note at the back