Sign in to follow this  
Phil_J

Remap In Scotland

can anyone point me in the direction of a garage in Scotland (West coast if possible) that does remapping of VR6's. Star performance no longer offer this service.

I'm not totally sure if they still do remaps but worth a phone call, They are just behind Glasgow Airport

A.V.A. Easter Walkinshaw Farm, Walkinshaw Rd, Renfrew, Renfrewshire PA4 9LP

Tel: 0141 848 5257

I think Jamiehamy on here used them recently, try dropping him a PM.

I know AVA, had my Celica GT4 mapped there last year, didn't think they did VW as they are mostly fords and aftermarket ECU's like the Apexi I run in the 4, will drop Jamie a PM as he stay's just along the road from me.

Cheers.

If it's a bone standard VR6 (from an engine mods point of view) then you could just send the ECU away to someone like DG Autotech for one of their off-the-shelf VR6 remaps. Got one in mine and it's very good! :)

If it's a bone standard VR6 (from an engine mods point of view) then you could just send the ECU away to someone like DG Autotech for one of their off-the-shelf VR6 remaps. Got one in mine and it's very good! :)

Emailed DG and they gave me the idea that they only did on car remaps I will talk to them again, did the remap they did on your improve the midrange torque which is what I'm wanting to do. Have one high performance motor don't really want another.

To be fair they may wish to do some diagnostics on the car prior to remapping - scanning for fault codes, etc and taking it for a run to make sure it's running OK. Might be worth clarifying this though!

The remap I got improved bottom end and mid range grunt quite noticeably. Remaps on N/A cars are never going to be as impressive as those on turbo cars, but I can hand on heart say I definitely noticed the difference with mine.

To be fair they may wish to do some diagnostics on the car prior to remapping - scanning for fault codes, etc and taking it for a run to make sure it's running OK. Might be worth clarifying this though!

The remap I got improved bottom end and mid range grunt quite noticeably. Remaps on N/A cars are never going to be as impressive as those on turbo cars, but I can hand on heart say I definitely noticed the difference with mine.

Seconded and then some...couldn't believe how much extra response they got out of mine just from remapping the ECU, without any other engine mods. Especially since we then discovered it had head gasket problems... :oops:

Can't wait to get it back this week and see how it goes with their new cams and the remap tweaked again! :clap:

Dave said it's pulling like a train now.

Was up there this weekend and saw the head going back on and it being taken out for a run by Graham. Started on the first (well, second) turn of the key and was purring like a kitten mate - sounded as smooth as silk :)

Was up there this weekend and saw the head going back on and it being taken out for a run by Graham. Started on the first (well, second) turn of the key and was purring like a kitten mate - sounded as smooth as silk :)

Music to my ears Jim! I knew you were going to be up there, was trying to drop in on Saturday for a chat and a look over yours but the day was a bit too hectic. Shame, would have been nice to catch up.

However, sounds like distinct thumbs up; I absolutely can't wait to drive it, it'll be an early Christmas pressie.

You didn't miss much regarding my VR. It was caked in 3 weeks worth of road grime.. I was ashamed to be driving it (though it did get a good wash today finally!).

And to top it off, went up with my buddy in his Seat Leon Cupra. He plumped for a Revo remap which took it from about 240BHP / 206lbft to a scarcely believable 300BHP / 310lbft. Went out for a blat in it, and apart from nearly crapping myself I simply couldn't believe how well it drove and how well it put that amount of power down even on soaking wet roads. 300BHP FFS!!

The VR felt prehistoric in comparison when I got back in it :|

Sorry for taking your thread Off Topic Phil!

You didn't miss much regarding my VR. It was caked in 3 weeks worth of road grime.. I was ashamed to be driving it (though it did get a good wash today finally!).

And to top it off, went up with my buddy in his Seat Leon Cupra. He plumped for a Revo remap which took it from about 240BHP / 206lbft to a scarcely believable 300BHP / 310lbft. Went out for a blat in it, and apart from nearly crapping myself I simply couldn't believe how well it drove and how well it put that amount of power down even on soaking wet roads. 300BHP FFS!!

The VR felt prehistoric in comparison when I got back in it :|

Sorry for taking your thread Off Topic Phil!

Yes, my apologies too Phil.

Well, my VR's no picture although she looks a lot better than she would have done last time you saw here, thanks to having had the panels swapped and a good polish.

Dave mentioned the Cupra to me when he rang me, saying that it was a complete hoot but making some quite flattering comparisons about how the step down from that to my fifteen year old VR had been made a lot less noticeable by the cams and the mapping. Made me all the more keen to drive it...roll on the next couple of days!

Emailed DG and they gave me the idea that they only did on car remaps I will talk to them again, did the remap they did on your improve the midrange torque which is what I'm wanting to do. Have one high performance motor don't really want another.

Hi Phil,

Jim is correct. We don't offer a remote mapping service due to wanting to check the car over thoroughly before mapping. All Corrados are at least 15 years old now and can have running problems that the owner isn't even aware of. At the end of the day we want them running as good as possible when they leave us.

Hi Phil,

Jim is correct. We don't offer a remote mapping service due to wanting to check the car over thoroughly before mapping. All Corrados are at least 15 years old now and can have running problems that the owner isn't even aware of. At the end of the day we want them running as good as possible when they leave us.

Fully understand that as I say my other car is a 400BHP celica GT4. It looks as if I will need to convince the girlfriend she needs to go down south for a weekend sometime next year, the next question could your mapping session be arranged for a weekend and I would probably put the car into Mr VW for a diagnosics check before even coming all that way.