Sign in to follow this  
bobserra

electric supercharger

Have any one try or hear about the electric supercharger?, like the e-ram, you can see it at electricsupercharger.com

:shock:

*Mod edit- bold doesn't work in subject lines - Henny *

yeah, I've heard of them, but never actually seen one... :?

From what I read of them, they need a SHED load of electrical current to get 'em to work properly which adds sooooooo much extra load to the alternator that you may as well just stick a belt driven supercharger on instead... :roll: :lol:

1 psi boost...hmmmmm

I wouldn't call a PC case fan a supercharger myself, and it's certainly not worth $299!

I must admit, it does look better than the old TurboZet though.....

K

just had a look through that link... Seems a bit of a waste of time that one... 1psi?!? hummm... :|

The one I saw was a bit more powerful than that one (also a shed load bigger!) and worked through the whole rev-range like a charger should (not just at WOT :roll: )

Basically just a big electric air pump/compressor running off a signal from the coil to make it's speed increase with revs... 8)

Don't get me wrong, I've no doubt that 1psi at WOT will make a difference... but so will a cam, which'll probably make more difference and cost less! :roll: :lol:

I wouldn't knock it that easily. Reading through the site & its FAQ's, all seems quite feasable & well suited to the VR6. Adding 6% to the 190 would give 201.4bhp 8)

Although the 'Super eRam' (two eRams wired in series) giving 1.7psi sounds like they're taking the mick a bit... whats next, the 'Super Dooper eRam' having three eRams wired in series?

It's not big & it's not clever, it's just wrong.

Good idea but like it says, using it only on WOT then with 1psi or 1.7psi unless you go for the 3in-a-line eRam S 3.0 who knows! but it's very limited and for that cost you could have a constant benefit from cams or a re-map that would give more gain and be there throughout the rev range.

Chris

just stick a hose behind the grill to push air into the air box, or use the brake cooling ducts fitted to earlier g60s. and its cheaper too. that way you are forcing more air in naturally