Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

how do i know if its a KR or not? IT IS A KR!!!!

I had a bit of a nerd day off today, went through the folder that came with my car full of old receipts, mots tests etc etc... decided to get it all in order in plastic wallets :dorky: and tbh it made quite interesting reading, its had thousands spent on it over the years...then i came to an interesting receipt that said the engine code was KR. I thought when i bought it it was just a standard 1.8 16v :shrug:

So how can i tell if it is or isnt a KR, where is the engine number located?

Have a look in the boot floor panel/rear boot wall on left side on the white sticker or in the service book front inside cover sticker if still with the C..

Code is about 5 lines down on the left side.

It has Eng. Code and then the over stamping of your engine code.

The KR engine IS a standard 1.8 16v :)

you know what i mean, people are always harping on about the KR rather than other engine codes lol

cheers RW1 ill have a look tommorrow when its lighter

Basically you have 2 engines that look almost identical that come in a standard corrado, a 9a and a kr, if you want to check without doubt, on the back of the block it is either stamped 1.8 or 2.0. With an old car like a corrado people change things so the sticker might say 1.8 but actually be a 2.0. It's doubtful but it would be nice! Lol

so i looked at the white sticker in the boot and it said the engine code is KR AGC or something so im guessin it is the kr, so what does this mean? have i got more bhp now or what? any information on my new discovery would be great!

All 1.8 16v engines in the Golf and Corrado and probably Passat were the KR coded engine.

To answer your question, you've got exactly the same power you did last week...

No chance! :lol:

AGC is your gearbox code. All ties into a standard 1.8ltr 16v with manual gearbox

Bog standard :D