Sign in to follow this  
sjfarrell28

Hey, Corrado Newbie

Hi,

I've bought my first Corrado, a 91' 1.8 16v in Tornado Red (i think??), got a few problems to sort

The heaters aren't blowing hot air.

The sunroof doesn't slide.

I get an oil warning alarm and flashing light going off after i've sat in traffic for a while temperatures up to 120 degrees C, and whilst running on acceleration, i've changed the oil, could this be low oil pressure?

Its just started to loose coolant with no obvious leaks?

I think the doors have been resprayed in the wrong colour at some point!!

Had a few waves and flashes from fellow Corrado drivers :clap:

Any advice on these would be great or even a push in the direction of helpful posts somewhere else on the site.

Apart from that it starts and runs and stops just fine. Here's some pics

Cheers

Simon

Hiya, i'm new to the forum too, just thought id say they coolant and oil temp issues could be related, as the oil temp is regulated by the coolant i think?

Correct me if im wrong anyone. Would relate to heater aswell, as the coolant warms the heating matrix...

Hi, that would make sense, i'm flushing the coolant system over the weekend so I can have a closer look for any leaks/cracked pipes in the system. After having a look through the forum I feel a check of the bypass valve going to the heater matrix could be worth doing.

Cheers for the heads up, also hats off to you taking on a project, looks like its coming along nicely.

Hello and welcome,

There is a vast knowledge on this forum and genuine people ready to help.

I would look at the following:

Water pump, check for leaks, check all pipe work for leaks. I assume you have checked you oil level and coolant level?

I would also check that there is no air in the coolant system and that the fan is coming on. Otherwise this could be the fan switch module/sensor.

I recommend a good G3 mop polish, which will hopefully blend all the paintwork. Its takes a layer off the paint to reveal fresh new paint and works really well. Then polish it after to seal the fresh paint.

Type any of your questions in the search box, nr the top of the page, or use the advance search just below that. Have a good read and take it from there. D

P.S Your fan blower maybe a result of a faulty heater matrix? Check for wet carpets near the passenger foot well. It could be a simple fuse or switch? Do do the matrix is quite time consuming but one of those jobs most of us will probably tackle at some point.

Congratulations on your first Corrado...now your hooked :lol: sounds to me a heater matrix problem ! Have had to replace mine on both my Rado's, check that passenger foot well, have had to remove carpet on mine to dry everything out but will be worth it when its back together :D good luck with it !