Sign in to follow this  
lion

How bad is....

How bad is a cat D damaged car?

What should it effect it's price?

If I have an accident in it what will the insurers do?

Thanks Ryan

Cat A - have to be crushed - cant be stripped for parts - cant go back on the road - generally fatalitys

Cat B - can be stripped for parts but will have to be crushed - cant go back on road

Cat C - economical write off - cost more to fix than the car is worth but can go back on the road

Cat D - wirte off but damaged + repair is less then value of the car - can go back on the road

Cat X - is genarally stolen recovered.

i have had a Cat C 2000 saxo vtr but the damage to the car was very little. the young blud who had it before had lost control and hit a curb damaging the front wheel, strut & hub, steering arm and chassis leg.

at the same time there was another saxo vtr but was about 3-4 years newer. front end was blitzed. need all panels parts, aprart from the engine, from the windscreen forwards. this was a Cat D

for me knowing about the trade side of it, Cat D or D arent that bad i would not put me off buying a car if it was the right price.

what is it your looking at? buying something damaged or that has been repaired?

Something that has been repaired, if you look In my posts under the 2.0 blackberry it's that, not sure of damage caused yet, still waitin for seller to get back to me.... Just wanna make sure it's worth it cos I'm gonna turbo it

will have a look shortley.

but things like this will effect the price in some peoples eyes. especailly if its on the log book, on the front at the bottom some where, its usually under when it was first registered. some times with Cat D's you can get away with it not being on the log book.

if your thinkin of keeping it for a while then i wouldnt let it bother you. but if not then you would need to negotiate on price.

also as to insurance i never had any problems with my saxo. when insurers do a search on the car it should come up with any colour changes, imported, finance, damaged etc. but i never got asked. so never brought it up! :D

Hmmm will have to wiegh my options, I do want the rado, do my conversion and have it as my daily, but would still like to do the shows.

If I find out what damage was caused it may sway my choice and maybe a lil nudge on price