Sign in to follow this  
Thaimark99

What engines go in a vr6 corrado

My engine is fully blown up and seeing as it needs replacing I might as well get the most powerful engine that will fit in with relative ease. I know there is only the 2.8 golf and 2.9 vr6 engine that fits straight in but i want more power so I wondered if anyone knew of a more powerful alternative? My budget is about £1500 could possibly stretch to 2k

Welcome to the forum.

£2k budge for the engine / ancilleries, or £2k for the engine and getting all the work done?

you can get full golf mk3 engine with mileage under 90k for less than 500 quid would even say 300 quid as you can get whole car for 1k and then put supercharger kit for 1,5k marks and then you will get circa 270 bhp, one option

second option is trying to find written off audi s3 or leon cupra for around 2k or less and then swap engine for 1.8t and when you remap it you will get circa 260 bhp

Personally I would chose first option.

I'm guessing the s/c v6 would havea better sound and possibly torque delivery through the revs, but would the 1.8T handle xbetter?

Anyone know how much weight is saved in the bam conversion (if any)?

Welcome to the forum.

£2k budge for the engine / ancilleries, or £2k for the engine and getting all the work done?

to be honest i was hoping to get engine and work for about 1500. do you think thats realistic?

not for dramatically more power no.

considering that, whatever you do, a remap to make the most of it will cost >£250 and then that labour probably makes up almost half of whatever you're doing, that only leaves £600-700 for the engine and other bits. you're best off with a good 2.9 some decent cams, a shorter final drive and, if there's money left afterwards, as good an exhaust or exhaust manifold as you can afford. if you can afford £2.5k then a supercharger could be better if thats what you like, but its always a slippery slope to spending more once you go for charging of any kind! alternatively, for that money you could probably also have an R32 conversion, but if you dont have it then thats not much use!

how much are the vege engines, that is if they are still avaiable???

I heard £1,800 quid then obviously you have to pay for labour to get it installed

how much are the vege engines, that is if they are still avaiable???

I heard £1,800 quid then obviously you have to pay for labour to get it installed

More or less spot on, i think i paid 1900. Still cant fault it, its going strong after 28k

Bear in mind that you cant necessarily just ring them and say you'll have one. There has to be one available. There were only 2 when i got mine, the other was always spoken for. Its on an exchange basis too, but i think they sort all the couriering out. Not 100% as it was my mechanic that sorted it out for me.

Comes with a years warrenty or mileage limit. As long as you get the book signed and stamped.

if the budget is £1500 incl labour (implying he's not doing it himself) then i think its still going to be too much..