Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Bluetooth Alpine question

I have an alpine mp3 iphone player. I have also had my parrot bluetooth hooked up with it. Is it beneficial for me to buy the alpine bluetooth system, as in, will I get any extra features through the head unit that I dont get through the parrot?

The alpine extra is around the same price as a parrot and can always use my parrot in the van....

Also, what amp wiring kit is recommended? I want to amp all speakers, including components when I get around to buying them. Which will probably be another topic I ask about.

I've no idea about the bluetooth stuff but can advise on the wiring.

How much power are your amps making? If you don't know chuck up some model no's.

Hey, havent bought any amps as yet, or speakers. Just have the new headunit.... I did once work for Halfords when I was 16 and knew a fair bit back then about audio, or at least I though I did....... The brand names that always stuck out back then were Rockford, JL audio and Alpine. I suppose I need to invest in some larger door pod speakers for the front and wondering if I like the deeper Audioscope design pods or weather to have mine re made?

At present I would like to install the amp kit whilst the interior is out, I accept its a catch 22 as it depends on what im running. But what would you say would be enough for amped hight quality speakers? Not subs. Any where would you recommend that I source it from?

Right ok, here we go lol.

I personally (and many who know a thing or two about sq and soundstaging would agree) wouldn't run rear speakers. Get Audioscape pods or similar, fibreglass the back of the whole doorcard to stiffen it to help midbass and deaden the doors; inner skin and outer.

Now the question is how loud do you like your music and will you run a sub at all?

If you're going to have a sub-less system you'll want your 6.5" comps up front to play quite low and playing low with authority requires a fair bit of power. I'd want a minimum of 150 rms per channel which is what i have. You have to remember, even if the amps actually make that much power they never dish out that much playing music.

My best set up thus far was the one i had in my valver, 5.25" kicker impulse mids with alpine dd drive tweeters, x over at 70hz with 160 rms per channel then 1 12" sub in a 2.2 cuft ported box tuned to 32hz with 1.5k rms up its bum. Naturally i run 0 guage to my sub amp but then i also had a seperate run of 8 guage to the components amp.

You could also consider the Genesis 6x9 subwoofers in a stealth shelf if you want to keep your boot? This would help fill out the lower range of music and allow you to raise the HPF on your comps thus allowing them to play louder without distorting.

Generally speaking i wouldn't install less than 4 guage as it allows room for another small amp later if you want. Personally 0 guage and never bother lifting the carpets again.

Buy the audio gear from caraudiodirect.co.uk if you want new stuff or talkaudio forums for 2nd hand, buy the wiring from knuconcepts, you'll find the link on bladeice.com

As far as brands, rockford, kicker, alpine etc all make good amps, down to budget and power requirements dude. As far as comps are concerned it's all down to personal taste, i don't like the way alpine's sound these day or rockfords etc. I'd go with rainbows or dls comps on a decent budget. If you want to spend 250-300+ start looking at the more refined audio brands such as morel, hybrid etc and do yourself a favour and buy 2nd hand as you'll save a packet.

Ok, so after having written all of that i now must ask what do you want from your system, sub or no sub and what is your budget? lol

Wow, what a reply!

Ok, on reflection, I will put a 10 or 12 inch sub/amp in the back, no rear speakers, components up front and might invest in the Audioscape pods? Otherwise, I will ask my prep guy to make me some out of my originals and get them trimmed?

I will have a look at the second hand market, why not. I dont need really loud more an excellent sound and when that special tune comes on that makes you drive like a idiot, it will handle it. I am very fussy with sound generally, my hearing is quite senstive and I appreciate a good set up over a bad one. I think budget went out the window a while ago with this car but without heading into tournament sound offs, I would like to be at the better end of a nice system.

So I need 2 amps? One for sub, one for speakers? Where did you mount the tweeter part on the components? Head hight or lower down?

In your opinion, do some amp and components work better than others? Regardless of power ratings or if you used the same power ratings with different makes?