Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

what do i need

i have no aerial on my car, i want to be able to pick up radio signal via my headunit so that i can use my iphone (have a gagdet that plays iphone music via radio signal) what bit do i need to plug into the back of the headunit to be able to pick up radio signal? i think il hide the aerial behind the dash somewhere to keep it out of sight, im off into town in a bit so if someone could respond asap then i can get the parts when im out, cheers!

I can't help with the actual question on the aerial. But in my experience the fm transmitters for mp3 players/ipods/iphjones/etc are generally a bit rubbish. Personally I'd put the money you would spend on getting an aerial, into buying a head unit with an ipod/iphone input instead.

yeah i know this, its a temporary fix until ive got my new coilovers, steering boss, bike carb conversion, bearings, spray job, and interior done.... headunit is waaaaay down the list lol cheers anyhow!

How about one of those cheap tape jobbies... the tape goes into the tape slot (if you have one) and it has an audio cable that goes into the headphone slot if the iPhone. They are dirt cheap from somewhere like amazon or mailing, and are better quality than an fm transmitter. You need a tape slot in our current head unit though.

How about one of those cheap tape jobbies... the tape goes into the tape slot (if you have one) and it has an audio cable that goes into the headphone slot if the iPhone. They are dirt cheap from somewhere like amazon or mailing, and are better quality than an fm transmitter. You need a tape slot in our current head unit though.

Yeah my miss' has got one of those - she thinks its retro cool, I think its crap :lol: - but to be honest it works perfectly well if sound quality isnt top of the list and its an easy cheap stop gap for you.

Admitedly pointless if you havent got tape deck :|

no tape deck im afraid!!!! it would be nice to have radio aswell tbh so i just need whatever plugs into the back of the headunit but i have no idea what it is!!