Sign in to follow this  
randal

Alloy Wheel Centre Caps

G'day,

I'm looking for replacement centre caps for my alloys. I can't find the name of the things anywhere - but they are the ones in the pic if that helps. The ones I've got have faded and gone an icky beige colour. Not cool.

Does anyone know of a good place (that isn't VW) to get these from? Spoke to a VW parts place in town earlier... ...got of the phone laughing my buttski off. 27.50 per cap, plus the VAT. 130 quid for four wheels. :( When will VW learn? EEJITS!

Thanks in advance

Randal

Well the wheels look like Sebrings from the picture.. the centre caps aren't particularly easy to find by themselves, and those prices aren't that bad from the stealer to be honest. I've seen centre caps for the BBS's I have (like the G60 standard ones) on eBay for similar amounts of money!! :(

Ah nuts (no pun intended!). Well, I guess I'll have to stick em on the list... ...along with the debadged grill, new VW badge, new plates and other such "tidy up" accessories. Talking of which, if anyone has a debadged going - I'm interested!

Ta

randal

If they're just looking a bit rough, sand 'em down and repaint 'em... 8) :roll:

Oooo, not a bad plan that man. But what paint to use? Don't want it to look like Mummy helped me with my school project. :oops:

Tried to catch you on MSN Henny, been meaning to ask you where you plucked those awesome shoes for your C... Very sweet.

randal

Oooo, not a bad plan that man. But what paint to use? Don't want it to look like Mummy helped me with my school project. :oops:

Tried to catch you on MSN Henny, been meaning to ask you where you plucked those awesome shoes for your C... Very sweet.

randal

You should be able to get a decent paint shop to match the colour of your alloys and make you up a spray can of the correct colour... works well ;) 8)

Or you could do the wheels at the same time with some decent alloy wheel silver paint so you can get a good finish to 'em and they'll match... Just make sure you take your time, and mask off the tyre properly... quick tip, let the tyre down, put a plastic bag over the wheel from the back, and use a piece of string to pull the plastic in between the tyre and the wheel rim slightly while you paint the wheel... stops overspray onto the tyre brilliantly! ;)

Otherwise, (and more expensively!) get the wheels re-furbed with the centercaps as well! ;)

As for my MSN, yeah, sorry about that, my server died at home so my internet access has been a bit hit and miss when I'm at home... The Borbet C alloys were on the car when I bought it, and then I got 3 better ones (don't ask, it's a long story!) from Caios_G60PWR (they were in his shed!) so I've now got 6 that are all about to go for refurbishment and one that's an different offset (again, long story... :roll: )

Spoke to a VW parts place in town earlier... ...got of the phone laughing my buttski off. 27.50 per cap, plus the VAT.

I know the feeling, had to get a centre cap for the standard BBS G60 wheel like Jim mentioned, cost me £34 each plus VAT, yes thats £39.95 EACH. :shock: glad it was just the one i needed, not sure if i could stomach £160 for a set of 4 hub caps!!

Painted my Sebring centre caps a few months ago no probs, just took a cap off and took it in to carfactors place, chose closest matching silver i could find and some lacquer and away you go.....

I know the feeling, had to get a centre cap for the standard BBS G60 wheel like Jim mentioned, cost me £34 each plus VAT, yes thats £39.95 EACH. :shock: glad it was just the one i needed, not sure if i could stomach £160 for a set of 4 hub caps!!

I had to get a full set of four for my BBS rims costing me £80ish from VW - This was about September last year. I wonder if they over charged you? :?