Sign in to follow this  
sexybourbon

storm viewing

Going to be viewing a storm in the next week and iv looked through tje buying guide and theres not a lot in storms , i was wondering if tjere is anything else to look out for and also the milage is about 160 000 i know this is quite , i asked about the chains been done and he said no but has said he could do them before its sold so apart from chains is that kind of milage ok ? Id be fine viewing a vr i think but any extras with a storm model might catch me out

Any extras are purely cosmetic. If you'd be fine with a VR6 then you'll be fine with a Storm! Good luck.

He's going to do the chains specifically for a sale? Get receipts/evidence if he does.

Yes hes said he works for a cars sales place but hes selling it private and has owned it for about 4 years ! When i asked him about the chains he said if it was an issue because he worked for a garage he could get them done if needed wich i thaught was good

Wats the thaughts on milage then or should i worry more about the ser ice history

Think im going to print out the check list of here and go from there

There's nothing significantly different about Storms. They came in only two colour combinations (classic green with cream leather, or mystic blue with black leather). They had a red Storm badge on the rear and on the centre console below the gear lever. They also had different alloys (BBS Solitude 6 spokes). They are worth slightly more than a standard VR6 with the same level of trim but apart from badges, colour and wheels, there is nothing inherently different about them.

Getting the chains done is quite a big job which requires the engine to come out (a lot of people get the clutch and head gasket done at the same time so if you trust him to actually do the chains it may be worth seeing what he's charge to get those done if they have not been done in the cars history). However, what proof can you actually get of him replacing the chains if he's going to get his garage to do it? A receipt may not be worth much as he could probably just get one printed without doing the work. So it might be worth asking him to take some pictures of different stages of the work as proof.

Any Corrado is now going to be over 15 years old. Most will have what we consider high mileage but if the condition is good and it has a good service history then that is more important than the mileage.

Just check for the console Storm badge. Its the only unique feature to the Storm thats hard or expensive to source.

........However, what proof can you actually get of him replacing the chains if he's going to get his garage to do it? A receipt may not be worth much as he could probably just get one printed without doing the work. So it might be worth asking him to take some pictures of different stages of the work as proof.......

Agree with this, or for peace of mind I would probably ask him to negotiate on price and get them done yourself when/if you buy it.....if he is genuine then he can reduce the car by the amount that it would cost him to do the chains.

cheers guys ill be taking my corrado check list lol just hope we can sort a price out and im not just jumping at the first one either i know theres alot out there but ideally i want one thats in overall good condition so we will see if this storm falls through i would like to find a black vr so i can make it exactly the same as cazzervr's lol thats my inspiration for a vr lol, i know theres a black magik pearl for sale on here but i cant see it hanging around for long before i can get some money together or a loan lol wich im a bit gutted about .

anyhow will see how the storm goes first :D