Sign in to follow this  
dukest

15 Ferrari 599XXs at the Nurburgring

Ferrari client day it seems - not that much actually going on as they're obviously learning in their very expensive cars...

Still, quite some noise even if they are basically race built. Very fast flyby at about 6.45

[youtube:1jki3ssh]lH2XumTliSQ[/youtube:1jki3ssh]

That will be one of the track days that you get with the XX, as they are not road legalm they were sold with a complete package of exclusive track days - awesome sight and sound

When you consider what real racing cars can be bought & run for the cost of the FXX, you have to admire how Ferrari manage to get so many people to part with vast amounts of so willingly. Ferrari milk them like cows.

When you consider what real racing cars can be bought & run for the cost of the FXX, you have to admire how Ferrari manage to get so many people to part with vast amounts of so willingly. Ferrari milk them like cows.

I think the difference is that you get the entire package with Ferrari. They organise the events, they bring your car to you, and they maintain it for you. You just turn up and drive the thing, and probably get wined and dined and early access to new road cars and so forth.

If I had the money to burn, I can see how that would be rather appealing rather than towing a car to a rainy track day at Mallory Park and eating a fry up in the track cafe :)

If I had 1.1M Euros to spend on a car I can think pf a whole host of things I'd buy before one that isn't road legal

If I had 1.1M Euros to spend on a car I can think pf a whole host of things I'd buy before one that isn't road legal

+1 :lol:

they sort of remind me of a TVR...

is there anyway i can make my corrado sound at all like that??? mines so quiet and i want it a bit louder! I was reading an article in a car magazine that said that ferraris go into there own sound lab to make them sound as good as possible before they go on sale!

Is there a special edition of of the 599 as I saw one today in Aberdeen with a black top section and different wheels?

Pretty sure thats the GTO......pretty special indeed.

EDIT : 599 GTO as opposed to 'standard' 599 GTB

Most likely then, I know the owner of the company where it sits like his exotica. I think he had a 458 but wrote it off tailend of last year so this could be the replacement.

is there anyway i can make my corrado sound at all like that??? mines so quiet and i want it a bit louder! I was reading an article in a car magazine that said that ferraris go into there own sound lab to make them sound as good as possible before they go on sale!

you just need to weld 2 vr's together, although that might mean you need a bit of a wider front track ;)

oh and is it me or at about 33 secs in does that white/cream one have a few dents in the side....ouch.

I definitely thought that too but assumed it must be the light? i'm sure ferrari will just polish that out as part of the next race prep :)