Mark_Storm

New brake master cylinder (with abs)

I have checked all the usual suspects (GSF, euro car parts, GPC) and also had my local independent VW garage search around but cannot find anywhere selling these. Non-abs versions are easy to get hold of my the abs ones are like rocking horse p@@! Anyone got an idea where I can get one?

The part number is 358 611 019D. RHDrive Passat part for ATE ABS brake system. It must be the 23.8mm bore version, not the 22.0mm bore.

It's also fitted to the SEAT Toledo early 1990's.

If it's the same deal as the brake pedal position sensor then you probably have to buy the servo, cylinder and pedal sensor together for £300+ these days..

It was £201.97 + vat but I’ve just checked the brake master cylinder is obsolete as of 26/01/2010 and there is no replacement. :(

Here's the list of donors......... VR6's or odd VWs.

358 611 019D Master Brake Cylinder.jpg[/attachment:2vr08rdj]

What is interesting is the 94 - 98 Golf Cabriolet changes its brake system during 1997 production. But the pedals and interior side of the firewall stay the same. Whether the master cylinder can be utilised.......6N0 614 019A. :shrug: Bore remains at 23.8mm. May need to block off the pressure sensor outlets with bolts. And the mounting dimensions checked as the servo is changed.

Seems a lot of cars to stop a part for.

as i said, not that anyone will want to spend it, but when checking about the pedal position sensor last year, more than one dealer told me that you can still have any of the sensor/servo/master cyl as long as you buy all 3 as a combined item for £££

ie. they're not obsolete, VW are just manipulating us into buying more than we need/want.

I managed to get one from local garage, bloody expensive £200 but should be fitted tomorrow so will let you chaps know once its all fitted!