Sign in to follow this  
jacko

Idle Problems.......

Hello. Im sorry if this has already been covered but i am unable to find a definitive answer anywhere!

Ive been having problems with my idle recently and with the current price of petrol i wouldnt mind getting it sorted.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Here are 2 videos - the first video is with the idle control valve plugged in.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AktHpsU5Qq0

The second video is this evening on the way home from work without the idle control valve plugged in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTiCiJwZ5g0

Other than the idle control valve what could be causing the idle to be like this?

The car has recently been tuned up by the garage but this didnt start happening until 2 weeks after.

Thanks in advance

normal answers for this are:

clean the ISV with carb cleaner then lube with WD40

faulty blue water temp sensor

throttle body screw at the back thingy

full open/full closed switches on the throttle body

leaking vacuum pipes (esp the one from the back of the throttle body to the ECU or this one being too short)

dry solder in fuel pump relay (this turned out to be the cause of my idle problem which sounded very similar to yours)

uummm i'll try to think of more but there are plenty of people on here who are much much more knowledgeable who I'm sure will chip in soon 8)

Awesome, thats for that!

the fuel pump relay sounds like a good point to start on... i only managed to get just over 150 miles from my last full tank :(

The vac pipes were sorted when it went in for a tune, when i did the engine change i managed to get them in compleatly the wrong order aparently!

I'd say the fact its almost identical with the isv plugged in or unplugged, then its probably the isv thats at fault. Plenty of other potential causes but my money is on your isv.........apologies if you've used the search already :D

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79327&hilit=2.0+16v+idle

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=96214&hilit=2.0+16v+maf

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62564&hilit=2.0+16v+kangaroo

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84474&hilit=2.0+16v+idle

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84789&hilit=2.0+16v+idle

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83795&hilit=2.0+16v+idle